Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DualSense: Is there a way to map half of the touchpad only to mouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DualSense: Is there a way to map half of the touchpad only to mouse?

I want to try to emulate a touchpad mouse stick (like the steam controller), using the right thumb for the whole range of motion. I think this is possible with Steam Input, not I can't find a way to do it in REWASD, so just checking if it's possible or not. Thanks.

It is indeed possible to remap your touchpad as a mouse in reWASD, but it will be more like a laptop's touchpad.
    For that, please select your touchpad in reWASD, make sure to switch to the analog mode. Once done, you will see a possibility to map it to mouse.
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry but you didn't answer my question. I know you can map the TouchPad to a mouse. But I want to know if you can remap half of the TouchPad to the mouse, like you can on steam input, as I didn't find a way to do that.

Comment

I am sorry for understanding this not correctly, there is no way of doing so in reWASD, regretfully.

Comment

Hello flowerdealer !

Could you please point me to the exact name of an option that lets you map a mouse to the half of the trackpad (or touchpad) in Steam?
          Frankly speaking, I am not familiar with this one.

Would be interesting to see how it works, so we could consider adding it to reWASD.

Comment

It's called unified or split pad, you can see it in this video too: https://youtu.be/dvEj-MOGmT0?t=131
            Would be nice to have a similar thing in rewasd, to have 2 zones reachable with thumbs.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	dualsense.png
Views:	587
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	228180

Comment

Got it, thank you for the details.

Will definitely discuss it with a team

Comment

Working...
              X