Logitech G13 support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G13 support?

So I've read a few posts that the Logitech G13 is supported in reWASD as a keyboard-only device however I cannot get mine to be detected by reWASD. When I plug it in the G13 logo lights up on the LCD screen but then it goes dark and reWASD can't detect it. I used to have the LGS software installed which had the drivers and software to support the device but I uninstalled it a while back, is that required to use the G13? Once I get it detected I'll probably have more questions, appreciate any help with this.

Hi! Try to install this software and native device drivers and restart your PC.

After installing the driver, Logitech virtual devices will also appear in reWASD. For the config to work, you need to apply it to it.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
      Hi! Try to install this software and native device drivers and restart your PC.

After installing the driver, Logitech virtual devices will also appear in reWASD. For the config to work, you need to apply it to it.
      So if I understand correctly I do need to have the LGS software installed to use the device on reWASD? I was trying to avoid that since having LGS installed means I can't use any modern Logitech device that uses G-Hub (G-Hub overwrites LGS and isn't compatible with the G13).

If I can't get it to work in reWASD without the old software unfortunately won't be able to use the G13 moving forward. 😔

Comment

reWASD requires the native app to be installed. Without it, the keyboard is not shown at all. So yes, you need LGS at this moment.

Still, I am not sure which conflict you get. As far as we know, G-Hub and LGS could work together, and G-Hub overwrites only the drivers that are supported by G-Hub, which is not this case. Could you please check the versions you need?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
          reWASD requires the native app to be installed. Without it, the keyboard is not shown at all. So yes, you need LGS at this moment.

Still, I am not sure which conflict you get. As far as we know, G-Hub and LGS could work together, and G-Hub overwrites only the drivers that are supported by G-Hub, which is not this case. Could you please check the versions you need?
          Unfortunately that wasn't the case when I tried a while back. Every time I installed G-Hub it would make LGS not work (no devices appear in LGS) and G-Hub can't detect the G13. I noticed other users said the same thing which made sense since G-Hub replaced LGS, even Logitech said it. Unless something changed in the past couple of years I think it will be the same now. Too bad I was really hoping reWASD would detect it like it can the Azeron Cyborg... I know a lot of G13 owners are nervous to switch to Windows 11 I have a feeling that will officially kill the ability to use a G13 as I doubt LGS will run on Windows 11.

Comment

Azeron cyborg is a bit of a different device for reWASD. Not all the devices can work the same way. A lot of different controllers and devices require the native software to be installed, as without it, drivers may work differently, without the compatibility with reWASD.

Comment

We will consider adding the full support of this device to reWASD, but it is a huge task and so there is nothing we could guarantee right now.

Still, would if grateful if you check LGS and G-Hub again. From our side, we haven't noticed any major issues, still it may depend on the devices you have.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                We will consider adding the full support of this device to reWASD, but it is a huge task and so there is nothing we could guarantee right now.

Still, would if grateful if you check LGS and G-Hub again. From our side, we haven't noticed any major issues, still it may depend on the devices you have.
                No worries I doubt spending a lot of time getting the G13 to work perfectly in reWASD is worth it. If I do test it out again I'll update here to let you know what I discover.

Appreciate everyone's time and help.

Comment

Working...
                X