No announcement yet.

gyro joycon pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tested with 3 Bluetooth adapters: the ASUS USB-BT400, and two generic CSR V4.0 (I can't tell the manufacturer, but they're shaped differently. One's end is a semi-circle, another is a rectangle.)

Comment

I know this is an older post, but I'm having the same issue with Joy Cons on PC.

1. At first, I thought it was a connection issue as well, but it's not. I bought a long USB extension cable, effectively placing the USB receiver on my lap while using the Joycons. They still exhibited stuttering and a loss of tracking accuracy.

2. The JoyCons don't exhibit the behavior when first connecting.

What I suspect may be happening:

Possibility 1: Some sort of memory artifacts are residing either in reWASD or the JoyCons themselves. Over time, they build up, but clear occasionally as well. These artifacts interfere with tracking.

Possibility 2: I saw elsewhere someone mention that temperature can affect gyroscopic sensors. The JoyCons are very small. Held in the hand for a while, they warm up and the increase in temperature affects their accuracy.

Resolution:
      While the coding won't be the same, the solution is similar in my mind: a Reinitialization of the sensors that can be mapped to a button or a periodic reinitialization of the sensors at regular intervals.

Comment

Actually, reWASD re-calibrates the gyro (if the autocalibration is turned on, as it is by default) each time you use it, so I am not sure if the additional command may help here.

The device itself also have a calibration — but you just need to leave it in the steady position for a few seconds.

Comment

So if that's not the case, and we assume it's a Bluetooth Signal problem, do you guys (the developers) never have this issue when playing?

Of all the ways I game, I have found the Joycons via reWASD to be the most comfortable because I can use the rail buttons and rarely have to use my right thumb (I have RSI). And when it's working properly, it works super well, which makes it frustrating when it doesn't work.

I'm going to attempt to reduce the interference in the area (e.g. using a wired headset instead of wireless) to see if that helps. I also thought about messing with some 3rd-party controllers that have a stronger Bluetooth signal, but I saw elsewhere that reWASD is unlikely to detect/support them. I don't have the money right now to blow on random controllers.

Comment

I am afraid that this problem can not be fixed by us. As it seems to be rooted in hardware incompatibility between Joy-Cons and Bluetooth adapters. We assume that Nintendo probably intended for their controllers to be used with something other than their consoles, which is probably the reason they doesn't work well with PC in some cases.

We know that Joy-Cons use Broadcom chips for BT connectivity. With Intel chips (internal BT adapter on the motherboard) we had issues similar to the one described in this topic. But with an external (USB) BT adapter based on a Broadcom chip there were no issues at all.

So all we can suggest in situations of that kind is:
            1. Update firmware of your Joy-Cons via the console, if available.
            2. Use a Bluetooth adapter based on a Broadcom chip.

Comment

hi guys,

sorry for getting back to you so late. I fixed my issue by buying a new set of joy cons but did not update them on the switch.

on another similar note: I also use a third-party controller for the left joycon if I'm using two joy cons as a paired controller on PC. if I use the official Nintendo joy cons for both left and right, there's always lag and stutter. I have never been able to fully use both official joy cons since I started using reWASD 2 years ago. no one has reported this issue so I assumed it was just on my end, but I would advise to swap out the left joycon with a third-party one to see if it solves anything. currently I'm using BinBok and have used Kinvoca in the past, both of which solves this problem for me. my setup is BinBok left joycon and Nintendo official right joy con to utilize gyro (third-party controllers seems to have awful gyro sensors on PC).

hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for the update! Glad to know that you found your solution

Comment

Working...
                X