Can I customize my strafes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I customize my strafes?

Is there a way so when I press A on the keyboard to press the left stick left, I can adjust the angle that the left stick is moving? This will enable sprinting while strafing in games like fortnite where you can only walk directly to the left but for other angles you can run.

Even though this article is meant for Fortnite, it might be useful for other games, if they allow for simultaneous usage of KBM and controller.

You can also try to change values of [Initial Speed] and [Acceleration] at [Virtual Controller Settings] for slightly different result with [Double Movement] configs (search for "double movement" here to see all related configs).

Another way would be to use shifts specifically to set a certain direction for a stick. For example: have [W] set as a shift modifier, and set [A] and [D] to a deflection of 50-70%. That would result in 11-12 or 12-1 o'clock direction. Do the same for other three keys, and that would allow you to choose a direction based on what key was pressed first.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Even though this article is meant for Fortnite, it might be useful for other games, if they allow for simultaneous usage of KBM and controller.

You can also try to change values of [Initial Speed] and [Acceleration] at [Virtual Controller Settings] for slightly different result with [Double Movement] configs (search for "double movement" here to see all related configs).

Another way would be to use shifts specifically to set a certain direction for a stick. For example: have [W] set as a shift modifier, and set [A] and [D] to a deflection of 50-70%. That would result in 11-12 or 12-1 o'clock direction. Do the same for other three keys, and that would allow you to choose a direction based on what key was pressed first.
      Could you possibly show how you would do that and if it’s possible to get like 2-3 o’clock and 9-10 o’clock

Comment

Hello!
        Try to set direction with a combo. Create an appropriate combo for the A and D keys, as shown in the screenshot. In this case, the stick will not move strictly to the left/right, but with an inclination of about 9-10/2-3 o’clock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DmB5wD7TgyOYwr.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	228497

Here is done for A. For D change + and -.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
          Hello!
          Try to set direction with a combo. Create an appropriate combo for the A and D keys, as shown in the screenshot. In this case, the stick will not move strictly to the left/right, but with an inclination of about 9-10/2-3 o’clock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DmB5wD7TgyOYwr.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	228497

Here is done for A. For D change + and -.
          Problem that I'm having with this is when I go from holding W+D/A to solely pressing down D or A it just stops and I have to press D or A again to move.

Comment

Originally Posted by InsigniaCaptain View Post

Problem that I'm having with this is when I go from holding W+D/A to solely pressing down D or A it just stops and I have to press D or A again to move.
            Basically, the combo you were advised to create was correct. Only in your case, you need to change absolute deflection to relative deflection. Then you should get the requested result.

Comment

Working...
            X