Xbox Elite Series 2 and Series X Controller current firmware support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Elite Series 2 and Series X Controller current firmware support

Today my Series X offered official Firmware update to both of my controllers. Does Rewasd already support this?

When firmware was in beta Rewasd wouldn't recognize any controller using it.

​​

Hello!
    We are working on supporting the latest firmware for the Series X controller, but it's hard to talk about a timeline yet.
    As for the Xbox Elite Series 2: it is not yet clear what will happen to the remap of the paddles when connected via BT.

At the moment, we strongly discourage updating the firmware.

Also clarify, please, to which firmware version you are asked to update, and what is your Xbox insider level of access?

Comment

I was at 4.8.1908.0. and while checking this info just accidentally updated to 5.11.3118.0. ( i am such a dumb S.O.B 😿)

But at least I can confirm that rewasd won't support this frimware.

And I am not currently in any preview build.

Comment

We have updated our test devices to this version too, and at the moment, we can confirm that Series X will be supported fully, while Xbox Elite 2 doesn't report paddles when it is connected via Bluetooth.

From our side, we are pretty sure that it is not the final version, and we do hope that paddles will be supported later.

We are waiting for the updates and will keep you posted.

At the moment, we are testing the new version of our driver, and will try to release our updated version as soon as possible.

Stay tuned!

Comment

Originally Posted by Antsa View Post
          I was at 4.8.1908.0. and while checking this info just accidentally updated to 5.11.3118.0. ( i am such a dumb S.O.B 😿)

But at least I can confirm that rewasd won't support this frimware.

And I am not currently in any preview build.
          I did the same thing as you.

I managed to get it back to the way I had it before. I am not sure if it will work for you, but thought I would tell you what I did as I would want someone to tell me the same thing:

1) You need an xbox console
          2) You go to this tutorial and follow the instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-949951b7c109

The instructions just basically walks you through on using the xbox console to revert back your controller firmware. No shady 3rd party app, you are using the xbox console itself.

Hope that helps.
          I won't be updating my elite 2 controller firmware again until after I come here and confirm if the update breaks anything.

Comment

Thank you for the provided information, it is extremely helpful in this situation.

Comment

Working...
            X