Azeron Cyborg with Dualsense virtual overlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azeron Cyborg with Dualsense virtual overlap

I'm trying to create a combination keyboard and controller setup for Cyberpunk. I like using keyboard and mouse for FPS but I hate it for driving. So, I want to switch to the Dualsense when I hop in the car. I'd like to get this all setup and working through Rewasd so all my config is controlled there.

Essentially I want the Dualsense to just act as a DS4 or Xbox controller with no mappings beyond virtual. The Cyborg should then have all my keyboard mappings I'll use when on foot. The problem I'm running into is the Dualsense and the Cyborg seem to share input mappings rather than being independent like I expected and I'm having trouble figuring out a way to work around it. When I change a mapping on the Cyborg it ends up changing a mapping on the Dualsense and vice versa.

I just want the Dualsense to act as a standard controller and my Cyborg to have all the mappings and I can't get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I purchased all the Rewasd additional features if any of those would help.

Both Azeron Cyborg and Dualsense are considered to be [Gamepads] in reWASD. To remap them independently within one group, you would need to add another [Gamepad] sub-config (use the [+] icon at the top within the line with other sub-configs). Though when grouped up they will be remapped to the same virtual controller. meaning that if you leave Cyborg's stick as is, it will be "converted" to a corresponding stick on virtual controller.

I suggest remapping all sticks and buttons of Azeron Cyborg to keyboard keys with [Unmap] flag enabled to avoid any kind of overlap with DualSense controller.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      I suggest remapping all sticks and buttons of Azeron Cyborg to keyboard keys with [Unmap] flag enabled to avoid any kind of overlap with DualSense controller.
      I don't see any button for unmapping anything on the Cyborg, I only see the Unmap function on the Dualsense.When I have the Cyborg up in Rewasd and hit square, circle, triangle, or cross on the Dualsense I see it select the 1 through 4 buttons on the Cyborg in the Rewasd UI. The weird thing about that though is it doesn't happen all of the time. When I'm hopping between configs in Rewasd sometimes the Dualsense controls will affect the Cyborg Rewasd UI and other times it won't. So maybe there is some other bug going on here as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by Goat of Death View Post
        I don't see any button for unmapping anything on the Cyborg, I only see the Unmap function on the Dualsense.
        Unable to check this at the moment. Is the [Unmap] option unavailable for stick mappings of Cyborg too? If not, then just proceed without it.

Originally Posted by Goat of Death View Post
        When I have the Cyborg up in Rewasd and hit square, circle, triangle, or cross on the Dualsense I see it select the 1 through 4 buttons on the Cyborg in the Rewasd UI. The weird thing about that though is it doesn't happen all of the time. When I'm hopping between configs in Rewasd sometimes the Dualsense controls will affect the Cyborg Rewasd UI and other times it won't. So maybe there is some other bug going on here as well.
        It's not really a bug. It is a function called [Hook controller buttons] available at [Preferences > General]. It tries to select pressed button on a layout of a selected gamepad. You can disable this option if it confuses you. Though keep in mind that it is required when you need to record a Combo that would use controller sticks or buttons.

Comment

Ok, after much playing around I now understand better how Rewasd thinks. I wish it were a bit more intuitive but I got it to work. The key is indeed to do multiple configs. For whatever reason, when creating a config, buttons across all devices appear to be shared, that is the part I find super non-intuitive.

However, when applying configs it is done on a per device and a per slot basis. So, by creating two configs under the same profile, I can then apply each config separately to each device and I can put them both to Slot 1, as once applied, the devices appear to have independent slots as well. Having notepad open and the virtual tester at the same time it all appeared to work fine.

Moving forward it seems like the solution will always be to create one config per device within each profile for any devices I plan to remap for a given game. Then I can setup however many auto detects I need for each device when a given game loads.

Comment

That's great news. Sure, feel free to remap your devices as you wish, and do not hesitate to take experiments with it.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Comment

Working...
            X