Virtual Keyboard driver error in Device Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Keyboard driver error in Device Manager

I have been running into a problem with random device manager refreshes, which results in certain games losing controller input momentarily. As part of the diagnosis of the problem, I noticed that the driver for the virtual keyboard created by reWASD is having trouble starting, which causes it to show up in device manager with an error status (code 10).

I do have some controller buttons mapped to the virtual keyboard, and it does work in the game, but the intermittent controller dropouts are a problem and I'm just wondering if there is any known way to clean this up in device manager.

Thank you!

Hey there!

On the same window you show, please switch to Details tab and check Hardware Ids:

Click image for larger version

Name:	8f9de3b906.png
Views:	331
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	228826

It seems to me that the device you have here is related to Xbox controller (I have the same for Xbox Elite Series 2 on my screenshot), and it is not the one reWASD creates. Please check VID/PID to check my guess.

Comment

It's exactly the same as yours. Sorry for the assumption that it was reWASD--I hadn't thought the Elite 2 (which is what I use) had a built-in virtual keyboard. Were you able to solve the issue anyway? I'm not sure if it's related to my device manager refreshes. The last time I faced this problem it was due to Windows detecting UPnP devices, but I currently have the UPnP and SSNS services disabled, so I'm having trouble tracing it this time.

Comment

I have this warning icon on the keyboard still, but there are no error codes on my side and Device Manager is acting normally, so I am not sure what exactly happens there unfortunately

Please check this post with a few possible solutions. The article is pretty common, but I hope you could find something there.

Comment

Working...
        X