no vibration from stadia controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no vibration from stadia controller

i'm using a stadia controller and i noticed that there is no vibration for actions that should trigger it.
    is it not available on these controllers or is it something in settings?

In order to check if the rumble is present on your controller, please make sure to visit the gamepad-tester website and press 'vibrate' button with the reWASD remap disabled.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      In order to check if the rumble is present on your controller, please make sure to visit the gamepad-tester website and press 'vibrate' button with the reWASD remap disabled.
      its a google stadia controller, it rumbles a bit when i (un)plug it.
      the site doesn't show my controller though, i even killed rewasd with task manager

Comment

Hey there!

Pretty strange, because Google Stadia should be detected in this tester. Here is how it looks from my side, and here is the Vibration button:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3bd182ec37.png
Views:	1708
Size:	612.6 KB
ID:	228870

Please check a few more things:
        • You are using the wired connection, right? This is the one used for gaming.
        • Check gamepad-tester from other browser. The screenshot above is made from Chrome.
        • Once you open the site, please press any button on your gamepad — it doesn't recognize the devices until you press something
        • Type joy.cpl in Windows search to open the native system gamepad tester. Do you see your controller there?
        You do not need to kill our processes completely, but ensure that Remap is turned OFF — then we are sure that reWASD doesn't influence your controller anyhow and doesn't hide it from the system.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
          Hey there!

Pretty strange, because Google Stadia should be detected in this tester. Here is how it looks from my side, and here is the Vibration button:

Name:	3bd182ec37.png
Views:	1708
Size:	612.6 KB
ID:	228870

Please check a few more things:
          • You are using the wired connection, right? This is the one used for gaming.
          • Check gamepad-tester from other browser. The screenshot above is made from Chrome.
          • Once you open the site, please press any button on your gamepad — it doesn't recognize the devices until you press something
          • Type joy.cpl in Windows search to open the native system gamepad tester. Do you see your controller there?
          You do not need to kill our processes completely, but ensure that Remap is turned OFF — then we are sure that reWASD doesn't influence your controller anyhow and doesn't hide it from the system.
          i don't use any browsers other than firefox, so i can't test it.
          but the joy.cpl shows that a stadia controller is connected.
          and i know there is rumble bc bf i tried rewasd i tried a different program but button mapping was weird and i couldn't change it.

Comment

Got it. Not sure how it works in Firefox, but a bit strange that it doesn't appear there.

Could you please try one more thing for me?

In reWASD, choose any button, go to Rumble section and check Right and Left motors, set Duration and increase sliders to 100%. Then Apply this config, and try to press the button. Do you get the vibration in this case?

Name:	bce0bff60d.png
Views:	1096
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	228876

Comment

Got it. Not sure how it works in Firefox, but a bit strange that it doesn't appear there.

Could you please try one more thing for me?

In reWASD, choose any button, go to Rumble section and check Right and Left motors, set Duration and increase sliders to 100%. Then Apply this config, and try to press the button. Do you get the vibration in this case?

Name:	bce0bff60d.png
Views:	1096
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	228876
              by rumble section do you mean this?

also is it possible there's no rumble bc i'm using the trial version?

Comment

I am about this one:

Name:	bc59243918.png
Views:	1289
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	228880

Please check it first. Rumble section is a part of the basic license. Some functions are locked for it, but you can enable the trial mode for each advanced feature, so it should not be a problem.

Comment

I am about this one:

Name:	bc59243918.png
Views:	1289
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	228880

Please check it first. Rumble section is a part of the basic license. Some functions are locked for it, but you can enable the trial mode for each advanced feature, so it should not be a problem.
                  yes pressing that button rumbles

Comment

This proves, that reWASD is able to trigger vibration for your controller, and thus should pass-through any vibrations generated by games for virtual controller you are using.

Please explain how do you check whenever vibration is working and what have you meant by "actions that should trigger it" in your first post.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                      This proves, that reWASD is able to trigger vibration for your controller, and thus should pass-through any vibrations generated by games for virtual controller you are using.

Please explain how do you check whenever vibration is working and what have you meant by "actions that should trigger it" in your first post.
                      actions like getting hit, which happened when i was using a github stadia tool

Comment

I assume Stadia Tool is meant to work only with Stadia controllers. When you remap Stadia controller with reWASD, it is being hidden and replaced by one of our virtual controllers, which can be Xbox 360/One or DualShock 4. And it seems the tool in question is unable to trigger vibration of these controllers, otherwise reWASD would've passed it through to your Stadia, which it can as you have already made sure of with "Rumble" function. So I'd suggest testing vibration with another tool, like Gamepad Tester mentioned above.

Comment

I assume Stadia Tool is meant to work only with Stadia controllers. When you remap Stadia controller with reWASD, it is being hidden and replaced by one of our virtual controllers, which can be Xbox 360/One or DualShock 4. And it seems the tool in question is unable to trigger vibration of these controllers, otherwise reWASD would've passed it through to your Stadia, which it can as you have already made sure of with "Rumble" function. So I'd suggest testing vibration with another tool, like Gamepad Tester mentioned above.
                          used edge and it got detected and also vibrates
                          what now?

Comment

Now do the same, but with your Stadia remapped to one of our virtual controllers. If vibration would work, then the pass-through does work properly and the issue is indeed with the Tool you have mentioned, if not - we'll investigate this further on our side.

Comment

Now do the same, but with your Stadia remapped to one of our virtual controllers. If vibration would work, then the pass-through does work properly and the issue is indeed with the Tool you have mentioned, if not - we'll investigate this further on our side.
                              it works too remapped, but the tool is something you open, its not in the background and i don't use it anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X