Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly a problem with "Remove applied config from slot on exit from associated app"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly a problem with "Remove applied config from slot on exit from associated app"

This feature, when checked, removes a config/profile when an app in it's associated apps list loses focus. This works flawlessly for me, with the exception of the usb log in/out sound every time you switch to another config/profile. However, having this setting UNCHECKED is supposed to allow the current config/profile to stay active until another program with an associated profile/config is used.

For some reason though, when I turn this setting off or UNCHECKED, it completely disables auto-profile switching for me. Rewasd is just locked into the current config/profile and wont switch unless I open reWasd and select another profile. Very inconvenient. I can assign a profile cycle button maybe, but that's not the point. This is obviously a bug for me.

Please let me know how to get this option to work as intended.

EDIT: Hoooly shit... I figured it out, I believe. When you have "Remove applied config from slot on exit from associated app" Checked, the entire GUI of reWASD changes and the active profile at the top right changes to display what profile you're in and the at veeery bottom under slots there's an indicator that will let you know what slot you have selected, if any. All fine and good right? Well, when you have "Remove applied config from slot on exit from associated app" UNCHECKED the only thing that changes to display any config/profile swap is the tiny indicator at the bottom under slots will tell you what config your'e in but not which profile. I was looking for the GUI of reWASD to change to the newly active config/profile, but it doesn't!!!

Also, when "Remove applied config from slot on exit from associated app" is UNCHECKED because I'm still technically in my Default profile according to the main GUI, but on my Overwatch config according to the indicator below the "slots" area, I'm no longer able to activate my other configs that I have saved and linked to slots under my Overwatch profile. Minor inconvenience for now.

It still does the usb sound thing when switching profiles but it's waaay less because its not constantly turning on/off...

Last edited by PITVIPR; 12.12.2021, 06:57.

Hi!

Make sure your configs with Autodetect are correctly applied to different slots:
    1. Manually select the config, select associated apps for it, in the upper left corner of reWASD in the drop-down list, select the slot number (for example, Slot 1)

2. Then click on the "radar" icon. Thus, the config will be assigned to this slot and to a specific application in focus from the associated app.

3. Do the same for the rest of the configs and slot numbers, respectively (slot 2,3,4).

In this case, automatic switching between configs should work correctly, taking into account that "Remove applied config from slot on exit from associated app" is unchecked.

For more information on setup, you can refer to this article.

Comment

Working...
    X