No announcement yet.

One registration key for two computers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One registration key for two computers?

I usually play on my desktop, but sometimes I go play at a friend's house where I bring my laptop to play. I bought ReWASD, but if I try to use my registration key on my laptop, it tells me that I have to first un-register my dekstop. This is pretty annoying to do every time and tbh seems a bit anti-consumer. Is there anything I can do to make this process easier or to have my product activated simultaneously on both my desktop and laptop?

Hi.
    The license revocation procedure is required every time you want to use your serial key on another device.
    Regretfully, you cannot use one key on two devices at the same time. If reWASD could be used on multiple PCs at the same time, the exclusivity of the purchased license would be lost.

Thank you for understanding.

Comment

I hope it is alright if I piggy back off of this. Are you meaning that reWASD being installed/activated, not used, on two devices at the same time would cause the exclusivity to be lost? Because in the majority of situations, it would only actively be used on one PC at a time as I don't know many people who can operate more than one computer at a time.

This is one of the things making me hesitate from investing further into reWASD.

Also, is it possible have two licenses attached to one account?

If I were to purchase another license, are there any existing features that would sync controller schemes between two licenses so you wouldn't have to manually update both?

Comment

Hello!
        Are you meaning that reWASD being installed/activated, not used, on two devices at the same time would cause the exclusivity to be lost? Because in the majority of situations, it would only actively be used on one PC at a time as I don't know many people who can operate more than one computer at a time.
        Basically one key can be attached only to one PC at a time.
        You can always use the Revoke button in your personal account if you need to move your license to another PC, but this operation has a hefty cooldown.

Also, is it possible have two licenses attached to one account?
        Yes.
        If I were to purchase another license, are there any existing features that would sync controller schemes between two licenses so you wouldn't have to manually update both?
        You downloaded config files stored locally, so you can`t update them on another PC without manual transferring.

Comment

Working...
        X