Need some help on mapping same key for different scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help on mapping same key for different scenarios

I just purchased reWASD for my xbox elite controller on PC. Overall it is pretty good, I successfully configured several combos with elite paddles. The UI is pretty neat and i enjoyed it very much.
    As I have a request and I cannot get it done myself, I need some veterans to help me out.
    In the game I need to use button A, works as Confirm (scenario I), while in many cases i need to press it repeatly to skip some conversations(scenario II).
    First I tried to set A as Rapidfire, but it fires too many times than needed in scenario I and I cannot choose the right one i need in a sequence (for example, I want to chose item 1, press A, then chose item 2, press A. The rapidfire makes it item 1, item 1....).
    How can I make it happen? do I need to use the Shift mode? Do I need to Unmap A and add a Rapidfire for A botton?
    Thanks for reading and I really want to make it more comfortable with reWASD.

Using the key combo feature, you can fully record your exact controller behavior. In case you do not need only the A presses, but the movement of the stick, feel free to add one.
    If you require different pauses between the presses, make sure to put different pauses between A presses.

For more details about the key combo features, please check this article.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      Using the key combo feature, you can fully record your exact controller behavior. In case you do not need only the A presses, but the movement of the stick, feel free to add one.
      If you require different pauses between the presses, make sure to put different pauses between A presses.

For more details about the key combo features, please check this article.
      Thanks for reply
      Unfortunatelly I dont need the combo function to record because the button actions are random and cannot be predicted.
      I just need to have normal A button in scenario I and rapidfire A button in scenario II.
      Any suggestions?

Comment

Using Shift modes applied here, correct. You can even set the different pause between iterations in turbo for the different Shift layer. Or mapping 'A' combo and normal 'A 'button separately to 2 different buttons are the possible solution in such cases, as you already thought

Another suggestion is to use different activators for the key combo as an option.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
          Using Shift modes applied here, correct. You can even set the different pause between iterations in turbo for the different Shift layer. Or mapping 'A' combo and normal 'A 'button separately to 2 different buttons are the possible solution in such cases, as you already thought

Another suggestion is to use different activators for the key combo as an option.
          thanks for your advide!

Comment

Working...
          X