Emergency remap off not working for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency remap off not working for me

Whenever i press ctrl+alt+del as this guide shows - https://help.rewasd.com/basic-functi...-features.html

Nothing happens and remap remains on, i just get the blue windows screen with a list of options such as lock, switch user etc.

Is this still working?

Hello! Please specify which config and for which device you are using, and is the config turned off manually via the button? It will help us a lot if you send a video.

Comment

Hi, i am using keyboard and mouse, i have tried with different configs such as remapping only keyboard and remapping mouse to dualshock 4 right stick but same thing happens, it used to work a while back for some reason it no longer works, here is a video i recorded, when the screen is black that is when i try to emergency turn off remap - https://streamable.com/vdnlzw

Comment

Hello!

Pretty strange case. Could you please collect some logs for us? Here are the steps:
        1. Run reWASD as administrator
        2. Turn Remap ON
        3. Open Preferences — General, and make sure you chose Standard logging with Service/Driver logs
        4. Press Start log
        5. Press the emergency hotkey and ensure that nothing has changed
        6. Go Preferences one more time and click Stop log button
        7. In the message that will open, click Open file location, find the archive that was created the last, and send it here

Comment

Done, i attached the file.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you.

Unfortunately, the log is completely empty. Could you please try it again but this time include Apply to the logging process, so we are sure that the log is collected properly?

Comment

Just to confirm, i need to deselect GUI/Agent logs right?

I may have uploaded the incorrect file, i did it again and uploaded all the latest files created in the folder that appeared after i followed the steps.

If you need me to select GUI/Agent i can do that as well and upload the files but i'm assuming you don't need them.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, the more information we have, the better.

By the way, there are many logs but I am wondering if you have reWASD engine TextTrace file (without additions in the name)? Seems the only one that is missing.

Also, more questions just to be sure: you are using a physical keyboard? Or maybe you have some virtual device that sends this command? Maybe you have changed the keyboard recently? Maybe you have several keyboard in the system?

From the log we see, there is no Ctrl+Alt+Del combination that was pressed on the physical device during the logging process at all. Usually, it appears in the log if it is pressed.

Comment

Quick follow-up to me previous post: would be great if you could collect the log of the keyboard input for us. Here are the steps:

1. Please download this tool: http://files.disc-soft.com/filer/shared/1640258846/707/
                  2. Open it and switch to RawInput Keyboard tab (1) and check Released option (2):

Click image for larger version

Name:	c5e4fb0a51.png
Views:	639
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	229144
                  3. Then press Ctrl, Alt, Delete — all together or one by one, it should detect both things, just like I have it on the screenshot above
                  4. Then repeat steps 2 and 3 for WH_KEYBOARD_LL_Keyboard tab (it's on the left)

Please send me the screenshots you get for the investigation.

Comment

So the intial reWASD engine TextTrace file i did not upload because it exceeded the file size limit, i have uploaded it on Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jB4...ew?usp=sharing

I have a physical keyboard and it is the only keyboard i have for this pc, it shows up as "USB DEVICE" in reWASD, previously i had a laptop and i didn't have this issue.

The software from your link doesn't not run on my pc for some reason, i get "this app can't run on your PC", but i downloaded it from another website.

I noticed it shows "Keypad_._Delete" not sure it this makes a difference but my delete key is on the numpad, i have no other delete key, perhaps this could be the problem?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by loadinator View Post
                      I noticed it shows "Keypad_._Delete" not sure it this makes a difference but my delete key is on the numpad, i have no other delete key, perhaps this could be the problem?
                      That is exactly the reason: reWASD requires [Any CTRL]+[Any ALT]+[Delete] keys for "emergency shutdown". [Numpad/Keypad Delete] key is ignored in that regard.

Can't say for sure without a photo of the keyboard, but if it has a [Fn] key, then there might be a normal key that can work as [Delete] with it. If there is - it should work.

I suppose we have something to think about now. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Yes can confirm it is, forgot that i had a spare wireless keyboard and tested on that and emergency off works. My main keyboard is a HAVIT KB486L, tried with Fn on and off but no luck. Hope you can include a fix in a future update.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello! I have just sent the link to the special build for you which should fix the issue — in this one, Delete key from Keypad is also acceptable for our emergency hotkey. Would be grateful if you try

Comment

I downloaded the file you sent but again i'm getting "This app can't run on your PC", tried a few different things but it won't open.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X