ReWASD is adding right click on Virtual DS4 L2 in AutoDetect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReWASD is adding right click on Virtual DS4 L2 in AutoDetect

I use BizHawk to emulate Sega Genesis (https://github.com/TASEmulators/BizHawk#windows)

Using ReWASD all my controllers are set as Virtual DS4 (attached is the rewasd config).

With ReWASD set to autodetect, ReWASD correctly identifies BizHawk and applies mapping. Except - button mapped as L2 also seems to trigger right mouse click.

If I mapped any other button as L2 ... they too seems to generate right mouse click.

If I disable autodetect and set ReWASD mapping OFF. No buttons on controller will generate right mouse click in BizHawk.

If I disable autodetect and manually apply mapping before starting BizHawk - no right mouse click behaviour.

For me ... right mouse click happens only on Autodetect with Virtual DS4 button L2 (have not tested other virtual controllers)
    Attached Files

The issue you are facing with is related to some Windows-based apps using the DualShock to reproduce triggers as mouse clicks.
    Such behavior persists only in case you have any apps that can detect the right trigger press and emulate the mouse click correspondingly.

I have just tested your config on my Xbox One controller, the same issue was not happening. Try to disable all the software that can possibly emulate the right mouse click for the virtual DualShock.

Comment

R2 of Virtual DS4 is also acting like left mouse click in BizHawk with Autodetect.

I exited Steam ... and problem stopped, which is a problem cause i was planning to use Steam as a front end for all my games.

No other emulator or non-steam games is showing this behaviour ... just bizHawk (doesnt matter if its started within Steam or outside Steam) ... and mapping on Steam is forced off on emulators and non-steam games.

Whats really bizzare ... like i mention before ... if i manually apply mapping to controller before starting BizHahk, no problem whatsoever ... its only when Autodetect is engaging - the problem arises

i am pretty sure this was not problem before 6.0 as i tested mapping extensively before moving on to set up another one ... not sure whether 6.0 or the latest update that started this weird behaviour.

Comment

Hey there! That's a truly bizarre situation

It may a chance that something is updated in Steam, that is why you have found this issue now. If you wish, you could re-check the previous version (the download links are available in your personal account), but it seems that we haven't changed a single thing that may be connected to your use case.

You should also re-check if you have a Desktop configuration in Steam (Big Picture mode -> Controller configurations). If you remove the mouse button clicks from the triggers for the virtual DS4, I assume you will be able to use Steam and won't get this issue. Would be grateful if you try it — this configuration is used for non-Steam games.

Another interesting point is about the Autodetect. Please check which exe files you have for this config, it may help us test this case from our side.

Comment

Program is BizHawk ... executable is EmuHawk.exe

I emptied Guide Button Chord and Desktop configuration in Steam (for both physical and virtual controllers) ... problem persist ... did not touch Big Picture Mode configuration

Also noted that L1 and R1 are also affected ... they remap to horizontal scroll

Disabling PS support in Steam gets rid of the problem ... but that would suck bad as was planning to use Virtual DS4 with Steam too

Will try to roll back to previous version of Steam

Comment

Hmmm ... its not just BizHawk ... any mapping will do this ... its just BizHawk mapping was the only one that was using L2 and R2

So far ... Autodetect for Virtual PS4 running together with Steam that has PS configuration support ... will transform R-stick to mouse ... L2 R2 to mouse button ... L1 R1 to horizontal scroll (Guide Button Chord and Desktop configuration in Steam are emptied)

Again ... disabling Autodetect and applying mapping manually before starting concerned application gives no problem

Trying to figure now how to roll back Steam

Comment

FYI ... ReWASD is 6.0.1

Steam Client is API: v020 package versions: 1639697812

Comment

Guide Button Chord and Desktop configuration in Steam ... this is how it should look? (havent touch big picture mode yet)
                Click image for larger version

Name:	desktop.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	229190

Comment

Actually ... a lot of my remapping (which use Virtual DS4) don't work properly with Autodetect while Steam is running (if dont use Autodetect and just manually apply mapping - it works) ... pretty sure it used to work

Opted out of Steam Beta ... and it downgraded to last stable ... still issue persist

Comment

This only affect mapping for programs that are also added to Steam as non-Steam games (I force Steam Input for these OFF)

Comment

Originally Posted by tij View Post
                      Guide Button Chord and Desktop configuration in Steam ... this is how it should look? (havent touch big picture mode yet)
                      [Desktop] config should be empty by default. The [Guide Button Chord] config is always applied to every controller that Steam has support enabled for. The way it is configured by default matches the description of your issue. Though there is a thing - mappings of that config work only together with [Guide] button, what makes me assume, that your [Guide] button is probably stuck, damaged or too sensitive, so you end up accidentally pressing it along with bumper buttons. Removing all mappings from this config should work as a solution, though those "Chords" (shortcuts) would become unavailable as a result.

But if you are not using Steam`s remapper, it would be best to leave all remapping tasks to reWASD by disabling all controllers support in Steam`s Big Picture Mode.

Comment

Did some more testing ... seems Steam is at fault here

For non-steam stuff with controller settings set to Forced OFF ... Forced OFF setting is only respected if controller was already connected when app starts

If app is already running, and controller is connected ... Steam will turn it into mouse

Comment

Thank you for the details, now we understand why it happens with Autodetect only! If you use Autodetect with a config that includes the virtual controller, then, when we see the correspondent process, we apply a config — a new virtual controller is created — and only in this particular moment it appears in the system. Mystery is solved

Unfortunately, there is nothing we could do from our side to fix it, pretty strange behavior from Steam. The only thing that could be done in the future updates is the possibility to keep the virtual controller always on in the system, however, this behavior also has its pros and cons, so I can't guarantee that this option will appear in reWASD soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X