Halo infinite how to interact with object instantly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo infinite how to interact with object instantly

(I'm on MnK emulating rewasd comtroller for aim assist in halo.)

How do I have my X button(which is mapped to my E Keyboard) to pick flag/guns instantly. Currently I have to hold E for a second before it picks up flag for example.

I managed to somehow get it to work few days back but I screwed up my rewasd config and lost all my settings now I have got no clue on how I did it. Tried toggle option but that was just a hold instead of an instant interaction.

(Also tried on my Xbox and PS4 controller just to confirm that X on gamepad is an instant pick up so not sure why I've got to hold x using rewasd :/)

To answer your question we would need to know these things:
    1. Does [E] key pick up items instantly in the game?
    2. Is there an option in the game that could make "pick up" action require the button to be held for longer time?
    3. What activators are set for the [X] button?
    If you are using [ Hold / Double / Tripple] press activators along with [Single Press] on [X] button, a pause is added after a short tap before [Single Press] activator is fired.
    It might be possible that you have mapped [X] button to [E] key with [ Hold Press] activator. Use [Single Press] activator instead.

You can also upload your config here, so we could do a check.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      To answer your question we would need to know these things:
      1. Does [E] key pick up items instantly in the game?
      2. Is there an option in the game that could make "pick up" action require the button to be held for longer time?
      3. What activators are set for the [X] button?
      If you are using [ Hold / Double / Tripple] press activators along with [Single Press] on [X] button, a pause is added after a short tap before [Single Press] activator is fired.
      It might be possible that you have mapped [X] button to [E] key with [ Hold Press] activator. Use [Single Press] activator instead.

You can also upload your config here, so we could do a check.
      1) [E] key picks up objects instantly on controller and MnK tested this out personally
      2) No option for this that I know of
      3) X is set on both R[Reload] and E[Interact] key with single press

And here's my config:
      Download Halo Infinite Xbox controls to remap gamepad on PC. Halo Infinite key bindings are the custom config to map controller to keyboard.

Thank you!

Comment

Looks like I have misunderstood you a bit there.

In your config both [E] and [R] keys are remapped to [X] button of a virtual controller with native inputs muted. Both instantly trigger press of an [X] button in tests. Meaning that this "hold [X] to interact" requirement comes from the game, and there is nothing reWASD can do about it.

You should check in-game controls and options for something that would either allow to have "reload" and "interact" actions on different buttons (maybe another controller scheme?) or would prioritize "interact" over "reload" (I assume "reload" is being triggered on short [E]/[R] tap right now).

Comment

Ah sorry i figured it out! So I had MnK [R] and [E] key set to controller [X] I deleted one of the 2 keys, [E] in this case and it worked. I now have instant item pick up.Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X