Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest version of rewasd with rgb controller support breaks vibration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest version of rewasd with rgb controller support breaks vibration.

Hi, the latest version of rewasd breaks vibration on my xbox elite series 2 controller.

If I disable the rgb lighting control for the xbox button and alt+tab back into my game vibration works, Re-enable rgb control and vibration breaks.

I have tested this in several games now, ff7 remake, hellblade, Yakuza 6, days gone and they all exhibit the same vibration issue.

Must be some sort of bug.

Hey there!

Try to clear data:
    1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
    2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
    3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
    4. Initialize your devices from scratch and try again.

Comment

Hey there!

Please check if Xbox Extended Feature support is on in Steam's Big Picture. If yes, please turn it off and restart your PC.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I have tried clearing the apps data using the options menu but the issue persists, also tried un-installing and re-installing but no joy.

Tried the Steam suggestion for those games that are installed using steam but no change.

The only thing that works is disabling all rgb features for my xbox elite controller within rewasd.

Maybe this is some sort of bug?

Comment

Thanks for letting us know.
          I would like to clarify with you a few details:

1. Specify what type of connection are you using?
          2. What kind of vibration are we talking about - vibration caused by game actions or Rumble configured in reWASD?
          3. What LED settings do you use: default or customized?
          4. Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
          I need the correspondent * .rewasd file.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi there,

1. I'm using an official Microsoft wireless adaptor, latest driver version installed (21.50.45.656) and latest firmware for the controller (4.8.1908.0).
            2. Vibration caused by game actions.
            3. LED settings are currently disabled in rewasd due to this issue but I have tried them at default several times.
            4. I don't currently have any custom configs installed as I only did an os install a week or so ago so no files present just two folders (PS4 Remote Play), (Switch to Xbox 360).

Many thanks.

Comment

Thank you for the information provided.

It still looks like this behavior is caused by the Steam Xbox driver on your PC.

Are you sure you unchecked the Xbox Extended Feature support and then confirmed the removal of the driver by restarting your PC by clicking "Restart"?

Also make sure to uncheck the Xbox Configuration support option.

Comment

Hi there, I didn't have either of those enabled to begin with but I just double checked just in case but they are both disabled.

It is late here now but I can try using a Bluetooth connection instead tomorrow if you think that may help?

I am using Windows 11 if that is relevant and Signal Rgb to control all rgb devices but this does not support the xbox controller anyway, isn't even listed as a device

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally Posted by ThermalVent View Post
                  Hi there, I didn't have either of those enabled to begin with but I just double checked just in case but they are both disabled.

It is late here now but I can try using a Bluetooth connection instead tomorrow if you think that may help?

I am using Windows 11 if that is relevant and Signal Rgb to control all rgb devices but this does not support the xbox controller anyway, isn't even listed as a device

Thanks again.
                  It will be great if you try a different connection type and tell us the result.

Comment

Cool, I'll get back to you tomorrow

Comment

Hi, apologies for the late reply, only just had time to get on my PC.

I tried a Bluetooth connection, controller works perfectly but rgb control in rewasd doesn't do anything for my elite 2, I reset the app within settings and tried again but still no rgb xbox logo support.

I also tried a wired connection, this works including xbox logo rgb support but gives me the same vibration issue as using the Microsoft wireless adapter.

Thanks again.

Comment

Thank you for your assistance.

Did I understand correctly that when the controller is connected via Bluetooth, there is no vibration issue, but there is an issue with the LED operation?

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                          Thank you for your assistance.

Did I understand correctly that when the controller is connected via Bluetooth, there is no vibration issue, but there is an issue with the LED operation?
                          That's correct, controller including vibration works perfectly but the led options in rewasd for xbox elite series 2 drop down do nothing, I tried all sorts of colours and effects.

I cleared the apps data and reset to default in between each connection type.

Comment

Hello!

I am sorry for the misunderstanding above — Xbox Elite 2 doesn't let you control LED once it is connected via Bluetooth, so it is normal that it doesn't work with this connection type.

While using the cable or official dongle, you can change the mode and color of LED — but the vibration should work properly (I have tested both connection types, seems everything is OK).

Am I right that you are testing the in-game vibration? Could you please check the following:

1. Go to Rumble menu for any controller button
                            2. Check all the motors and set any duration
                            3. Apply a config and check whether it vibrates when LED is on

Click image for larger version

Name:	e63b6ef5b2.png
Views:	711
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	229295

Also, please re-check which virtual controllers you use for your configs. DS4 and Xbox 360 only?

Click image for larger version

Name:	543ebd5c2b.png
Views:	495
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	229296

Comment

Hi there,

Just checked these things for you., this is in game vibration that is effected.

Checked adding rumble in rewasd whilst rainbow led is on and it works perfectly. My virtual controller drop downs are exactly as pictured in your screenshot.

So I have been checking some more after another uninstall and reset and for whatever reason it mostly seems it is now working.

Steam games vibration is now working with led control, windows app vibration in games are now working with led control, uplay games are also working but I still have this issue with final fantasy vii remake using the epic games launcher.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X