Input Lag and other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input Lag and other questions

1. Based on several people I know they have stated that ReWASD creates input lag when playing games such FPS with a controller.
    I plan on using hardwire usb-c to my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, would this decrease input lag? Are there suggestions to reduce input lag. I tried today to play Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and experienced input lag.

2. Can you assign all the natural buttons of the xbox elite series 2 controller and also one of the back side paddles to a keyboard key such as F6 or F7 basically a keyboard key that is not needed in the game? If so how would you recommend doing this? If not, what do you recommend?

3. I downloaded the attached file from someone that created a ReWASD Call of Duty Elite Series 2 controller configuration, can you explain the paddles with the clock and pause between C keyboard key like what is its purpose? Config 1.rewasd

If question 1 relates to having a virtual controller vs hardware can you explain what would be better in my situation as I want to ensure I have all the funciton of the controller specifically all the buttons, triggers, joysticks, bumpers, etc, all except the paddles which I want to utilize 2 for keyboard keys and 2 for controller buttons.
    Attached Files

Hello!

1. reWASD doesn't cause the input lag, it may add a tiny delay, but it should not be noticeable at all. Could you please describe what exactly happens when you play Call of Duty? A video may help understand the issue.

2. You can add keyboard keys to the paddles, and then, in the game, you will need to assign new desired actions to those keyboard controls. However, some games do not let you use two inputs at once, so it is better to re-check in the particular one you are going to play.

3. The config file is created by other Community members, so I am not sure exactly why it has such mappings. It seems that some of them (assigned to the zones of the triggers) press triggers quickly while the trigger is pressed slightly. I am not sure if it is the thing you do need, so it is better to create a new config, leave all buttons unassigned and add only keyboard keys to the paddles and check how it works in the game. In case the game doesn't respond to the keyboard keys, consider adding the virtual controller mappings — let me know which actions should be performed, so I could suggest how to make it.

Comment

Working...
    X