Suddenly can't turn on any profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly can't turn on any profile

As of today everything was working just fine. Thought I'd play some games and noticed that game profiles we're no longer turning automatically on. Couldn't turn them on manually and now even my default profile refuses to work. Slot shortcut keys are resetting no matter what. I have reinstalled rewasd few times already and nothing is changing. Any ideas? Now it's basically just a brick.

Hello.
    Could you record a short video of what is happening?
    Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hey there!

Please ensure that all the associations between the configs and processes are adjusted properly.

With 6.0+ release, we were forced to remove the previous adjustments, and so Autodetect should be re-configured once again. Once your gaming device is chosen at the bottom left, open the config you want to be applied automatically and check if both these options are checked:

Click image for larger version  Name:	a0ea2afef5.png Views:	0 Size:	106.7 KB ID:	229567

Also, please ensure that you are using the latest version — 6.0.1 that could be downloaded from https://rewasd.com/

Comment

Well. I got this working. I turned on my xbox one controller and that was it. Definitely something funky there that the group of devices (mouse, keyboard, xbox controller) wasn't working until the controller was turned on and recognized again. Now it's just the slot shortcut keys that keep resetting. This has been happening for a long time.

Comment

Definitely we have some good news here

Could you please describe what exactly happens with the Slot hotkeys?

Just a bit more info about them: all hotkeys are assigned to the device (or a group of the devices if you use it). If you entered Preferences () -> Slots and assigned the hotkeys for Xbox controller only, and then grouped this device with a keyboard and mouse, then the hotkeys for a single device won't work this way, but if you change the hotkeys for the group, then it will be back to the normal state.

Comment

So the hotkeys just reset to default which is no hotkeys applied. I just opened the program and there was no hotkeys applied even though I just applied them few days ago. This happens really often and I can't pinpoint what is the exact reason this happens. I did test if this was related to the same thing as before and turned controller on and off few times but this didn't have impact on the case.

Comment

Hello! Could you please clarify if you have done 'Clear data' recently?

Comment

No I haven't.

Comment

That sounds like a mystery. May need to get more details to understand:
                  • Do you use different groups or the same one always?
                  • Once you added the Slot hotkeys, do they work as expected?
                  • Have you noticed any other settings that are randomly erased too?

Comment

I've been mostly using same profiles in all slots.
                    After adding slot hotkeys they work as expected.
                    This is only setting that keeps resetting. As of now the hotkeys I applied last time 15.1. are still active.

Comment

It's really weird. Let us know if they reset again.

Comment

Working...
                      X