Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shift layer without having to trigger hotkeys again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift layer without having to trigger hotkeys again?

I can't find information on this:

I'm trying to hold W down with single press + Turbo, then activate another shift layer with C, with W having a totally different combo in the shift layer. The problem is I have to let go of W and press it again so that W triggers the new combo on the shift layer. Is it not possible that I can constantly hold W down and it send the new combo from the shift layer when I press C without having to press W again?

In game what I'm trying to achieve is this:

I'm moving up with W, when I press C it activates a shift layer that makes me stop moving with W held down, but the problem is right now I have to retrigger W again.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by ChillBear; 27.01.2022, 10:21.

Hello!

At the moment, reWASD requires the re-pressing of the button, so there is no way to avoid it. However, we are already working on the new Shift mode — and it will work exactly like you want it to be starting from our new version — coming in the middle of February. Stay tuned!

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

At the moment, reWASD requires the re-pressing of the button, so there is no way to avoid it. However, we are already working on the new Shift mode — and it will work exactly like you want it to be starting from our new version — coming in the middle of February. Stay tuned!
      Oh wow! Glad to hear it's in the works. Really looking forward to it.

One more question, is there a way to change the order of remappings as the appear in the UI?

For example down the list I have:

Q

W

A

S

D

E

but I'd like to change it so the Q remapping is after W A S D?

Comment

Hope you will like new Shift mode

One more question, is there a way to change the order of remappings as the appear in the UI?
        Sadly, not at the moment too. After the config is saved and re-loaded, the mappings are sorted by our own logic.
        It is possible to change this behavior, but it may take time — longer than we have for the next version.

I would like to ask one more question here too — to be sure that we are on the same page. If you are able to drag-n-drop the keys in the list of Keyboard sub-config, that will be the thing you need, right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	f6004a5b6b.png
Views:	586
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	229882

Comment

Hope you will like new Shift mode

Sadly, not at the moment too. After the config is saved and re-loaded, the mappings are sorted by our own logic.
          It is possible to change this behavior, but it may take time — longer than we have for the next version.

I would like to ask one more question here too — to be sure that we are on the same page. If you are able to drag-n-drop the keys in the list of Keyboard sub-config, that will be the thing you need, right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	f6004a5b6b.png
Views:	586
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	229882
          Yes we're on the same page!

It'd be great to be able to drag and drop, or some how move the keys in the sub-config to rearrange the order of them.

Comment

yes that's right!

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation — will let you know once it is released!

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation — will let you know once it is released!
                Awesome! Thanks so much for your work. I actually enjoy reWASD so much I got a copy for my girlfriend.

Adding on to my first post, it's great to hear the new update in February will have additional shift layer features. There's another feature I'd like to discuss.

I'm making macros with reWASD that is converting Lost Ark into keyboard + mouse using WASD for movement. It's turning out very well but there's one or two skills that are problematic.

For example:

1. Character moves up with W
                2. Trigger skill with E sends attack in direction of my mouse
                3. Skill sends attack in direction of character moving up with W

The shift layer feature in February will potentially fix this but 4 shift layers isn't enough space for all the skills in Lost Ark. Either I would need ~10 shift layers so when I activate any skill, it will then switch to shift layer that disable character move with W.

Alternatively, I think might be cleaner, would be if there were an option on key mappings to disable another key mapping while it is pressed? For example, when configuring key mapping for E there would be an option to disable W key mapping while E is pressed.

Thanks for your work

Comment

Hm, the suggestion are already being discussed in our team, and both things are possible. Yes, we can more Shift layers — but unfortunately it won't happen in the upcoming release.

We do plan to add "mute" functionality to combos (mute W while E does something else), but this feature has no ETA at all.

In the new release, you will be able to add as many modifiers as you wish — and I think it may be handy in your case too.

Comment

Working...
                  X