Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller wouldn't turn off when remap is off

Hello,

I noticed my bluetooth controller (PS3 Nav, I didn't test others recently) doesn't automatically turn off after some unused time, while the option is activated in reWASD parameters.
    I think it's related to process auto-detect feature, as it also immediately unmaps controllers when game is stopped.

If it's normal behavior, could we add "Even if mapping is offline" to reWASD parameters?

Many thanks

Hello!

This option works when the config is applied, so you are right about your assumption — it can't be used in case of Autodetect.

I could suggest using Turn wireless joystick off command, but yes, you will need to use it with an applied config and you will need to press some button, activator or shortcut to make it work:

Click image for larger version  Name:	c109d38886.png Views:	0 Size:	16.8 KB ID:	229888

We turn the gamepad off when we use it, but we will consider "global" command for your case. Thanks for your suggestion!

Comment

Interesting to see there was an action to turn controller off.. I didn't noticed it.
      Maybe I'll map a double (or triple?) click on PS button to turn it off (before I quit any game), it's still more convenient than holding it for 10-15 seconds.
      It will be enough before you implement a "global command"..

Thanks again for you support!

Comment

You are welcome

Comment

Hello,

Will it be possible to add special actions (and particularly "Turn wireless joystick off") to combo?
          This way I could assign a combo to double-PS activator, that would quit game and turn off PS3-Nav at the same time..
          And as a side note, how is the joystick chosen? Or all bluetooth controllers are turned off?

Comment

Originally Posted by peio View Post
            Will it be possible to add special actions (and particularly "Turn wireless joystick off") to combo?
            Hi!
            We have already received a request for the ability to add commands to the combo editor.
            I cannot promise that we will implement this, much less give an estimate of the approximate time frame. But we will take into account your suggestion and as soon as it becomes possible - you will know about it.
            Perhaps you would like to map this command to the Triple Press Activator as a possible solution?

Originally Posted by peio View Post
            And as a side note, how is the joystick chosen? Or all bluetooth controllers are turned off?
            Turn wireless joystick - turns off the wireless controller that executed this command.

Comment

Hello,

Perhaps you would like to map this command to the Triple Press Activator as a possible solution?
              I have two actions to execute : one (combo) to quit game and an one to turn off controller.
              But if I quit game first, auto-detect (which is important for me) will remove mapping, as the process would quit, and I wouldn't be able to turn off controller.
              If I turn off controller first... I can't use it to quit game
              That's why I think a combo to group them together would be fine (at least if combo continue while controller is going off and/or config unmapped)

Turn wireless joystick - turns off the wireless controller that executed this command.
              I had the feeling I could assign this command to mouse or keyboard, so I was wondering. But it then confirms I can't turn off PS3-Nav from a keyboard shortcut then..

Thank you for clarifications!

Comment

I understand your idea, and we will take it into account.

On the other hand, perhaps you could create a combo to exit the game on the keyboard? After all, reWASD allows you to emulate a virtual controller on the keyboard and mouse.

So you can immediately turn off your controller using the button on the gamepad, and then use the keyboard to activate the combo to exit the game?

Comment

I use reWASD with PS3-Nav and mouse (no keyboard). There's nothing better than a joystick to move and nothing better than a mouse to aim. Then, when I quit I admit I can move to keyboard.

I already have a button to turn off controller, adding a combo just to quit a game becomes overkill... (I never included keyboard in a game controller group yet)
                  So, I'll wait for " turn off unused controller even if no config is mapped " or " turn off controller within a combo "

And in the meantime, I already have ideas to work on

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X