Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are conflicting modifiers being handled in the new release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are conflicting modifiers being handled in the new release?

It's been said that, in the next release, we will be able to add as many modifiers as we want. I'm trying to think through what that will mean for the future of my configurations. How are conflicting modifiers going to work?

Like, if I have A, B, X, LT, and RT and LT shifts A to B and RT shifts A to X -- what happens when I press LT and RT at the same time? Will A default to the last modifier invoked? Will it merge the modifiers and invoke both at the same time? Will we get to choose which of those two options happen? How will this interact with slots and shortcuts? Will they override modifiers that are invoked with them? Or maybe queue the slots/shortcuts so they occur after the modifiers have been invoked? What happens if a combo is executing at the time a modifier is invoked? Is there a max number of inputs that can be shoved into a queue (if there is one) before it drops something, sort of like ghosting on a keyboard? Can activators invoke a modifier?

I understand that many of these questions may not be answerable at the moment because not everything has been decided on and tested yet but anything you could give us would be greatly appreciated.

Hello!

We are in the middle of the development process, and some things may change, but I think I can already answer your questions.

Like, if I have A, B, X, LT, and RT and LT shifts A to B and RT shifts A to X -- what happens when I press LT and RT at the same time?
    There is no way to go to different layers at the same time, so there will be only one that is registered — the one that was pressed a bit earlier. Though, if you will add RT as a "modifier" (in the new version, we call it "Jump to Shift") in the Shift that is activated by LT, then you will immediately go to the next layer.

How will this interact with slots and shortcuts?
    You will be able to set a Jump to the Shortcut too and switch to Shift with a shortcut. It will be working pretty closely to the mappings — if you have A mapped to Shift 1, B mapped to Shift 2 and A+B mapped to Shift 3, then, if you press A+B together, you will go to Shift 3, while if you press A or B one by one — you will switch to the correspondent layer.

Slots override anything you have in a config. Once you press a hotkey to switch to some Slot — you will be switched, and the last mappings from the buttons that are used in a hotkey will work too.

What happens if a combo is executing at the time a modifier is invoked?
    Execute at once combos always work to the end. Even if you switched to another layer, the whole combo sequence will be emulated still, even if this button has another "meaning" in a new layer. If you need it to be stopped manually, it is better to use Combos together with Turbo/Toggle modes.

Is there a max number of inputs that can be shoved into a queue (if there is one) before it drops something, sort of like ghosting on a keyboard?
    Don't see any limitation here. Maybe, we will find out something a bit later, during our tests.

Can activators invoke a modifier?
    Yes, you will be able to map "Jump" to any activator you wish

Comment

Working...
    X