I cannot figure out this software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot figure out this software

So, I got this so I could remap my tartarus pro and not use Razer's awful software. I'm on the trial version but was intending to buy the full thing if I did what I wanted. And I got the keys remapped. But basically nothing else is working. Here's the list

1. Associated Apps: Profiles are not turning on when App Launched.
    2. "Shift": I have no idea what's going on, and maybe I am misunderstanding this is supposed to do, but I assumed I could set a button that would allow me to switch keymaps, but the button I've set "Shift 1" to does nothing.
    3. Shortcuts: I set a combination of inputs and a desired mapping. Pressing those keys together inputs each input rather than the designated mapping. In short, it does nothing.
    4. LED settings: no effect on my Tartarus.

What is going on? Is it cause I'm on the trial version (I have all the different trial options turned on). If so, that's pretty ridiculous: how can I decide whether to buy something if I can't try it. Or am I just misunderstanding what these are supposed to do? And if I am then what ARE they supposed to do?

Hello!

The trial version is essentially the paid version, but with a time frame for use.
    Since you have activated the trial for all additional features - you have access to the full functionality of reWASD.

I also want to clarify that we do not officially support Tartarus, but it is fully available for remapping as a keyboard.
    Let's go in order:
    1. Autodetect might not be configured correctly. This help article has all the information on setting up Autodetect.
    In addition to selecting processes or applications in Associated Apps, it is important to check the Autodetect box in the upper right corner, and also click on the radar button in the upper left corner of the application.
    Important: by clicking on the radar button, you bind the config to the slot that is selected in the drop-down list of slots next to the radar.

2. All information about the operation of Shift mode can be found here.
    In fact, reWASD has 5 layers for adjustment (the main one is yellow and 4 other Shift layers). In these 4 layers you can change your main configuration and in each of the layers assign a shift-modifier button. Clicking this button will take you from the main configuration to the modified configuration. Then by pressing the same button, or by releasing this button, you will return to the main configuration.

3. Such behavior of the shortcut is possible if all the participants of the shortcut were not pressed fast enough.
    The time given to play the mapping on the label can be increased up to 1500ms(1.5 sec).
    Try to increase this time and check the work of the shortcut.

4. To control the LED settings of Razer devices, make sure you have Chroma Connect installed in Razer Synapse.
    Enable LED on Remap and Shift changing — adjust the way LED reacts to Slot and Shift change. By default, each slot has a different LED mode, and each Shift layer has the color assigned to it (which resembles the color of the Shift icon).

Don't forget to press Apply to save the changes. Press Back to return to the main interface.

If you have any further questions, we are here to help you.

Comment

I'll try those out when I get home, but at least 2 & 3 don't look to be my problem. I can't see anything in the article on shift mode that I didn't do and I was pressing both shortcut buttons together--spamming them even--and not once seeing the input they were mapped to.

As for 4, I am using this because Razer's software has a famous bug (key locking) that makes Tartarus unusable; is there some way to have chroma connect on without having Synapse's key-mapping features on? Or some other workaround?

Comment

The behavior you describe is almost out of the question.
        If there are no issues with licensing the application and your devices are detected without problems in reWASD, then the features you listed should work.

It is possible that you simply did not apply the config.
        Make sure that you press the yellow "Apply" button in the upper left corner of the application after selecting the desired device group (in which your Tartarus participates) and, accordingly, the desired config.

In case the advice I gave earlier doesn't help, we would be grateful if you could record a detailed video of what you are doing in reWASD and what result you get.

Regarding LED settings:
        I don't know all the ins and outs of how Razer Synapse works, but it must be installed since Chroma Connect is part of it.
        Without this application, LED control will not be possible.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Comment

Working...
        X