Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd behavior on mappings. Anyone know details?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd behavior on mappings. Anyone know details?

I've mapped for only a couple of games on my Xbox Elite 2, but I've seen a couple of interesting behaviors that I cannot identify probable culprits. If anyone has info on my scenarios, I'd love some help.

1. I've mapped a setting of right joystick response curve to pick up subtle deflection for precise sniper fire with very little - to no dead zone. It works about 99% of the time. Sometimes when I log into the game, the crosshair immediately starts wandering around the screen as if it has no dead-zone. Keep in mind, I NEVER adjusted the controller configuration. I go back into reWASD and configure a simple dead-zone and it seems to fix my issue. However, when I relog back into the game later, now I have a fat dead-zone. I'm constantly adjusting my joystick configuration and it is quite upsetting when it happens. Then I feel my snipe game is absolute trash as I have to get use to a slightly different joystick response.

2. The biggest issue is this one. For some reason, when I assign any of the slots a new profile for a different game, the paddle keys seem to have a double function. All I want is to click my right middle finger to jump. However, when I hold that right paddle, it also activates the controller's native B button. Regardless of game. I erase the slot profile and start from scratch. "Right paddle by my middle finger, to assigned jump button." The paddle continues to act as said jump button but then activates B button if left depressed. In essence, I cannot have a functioning gamepad with this issue.

Hey there!

1. Make sure that [Affect gamepad behavior for games] is checked in Advanced stick settings.

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 has a default configuration for paddles that assigns XYBA to them. To make paddles work, you need to:
    • Open Xbox Accessories App
    • Create an "empty" profile with unmapped paddles and with no additional mappings on other buttons
    • Clone this profile and apply to all 1-3 physical slots
    • Now you can open reWASD and assign additional actions to them.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

2. Your solution is exactly what I needed to do to solve that problem. Slot 1 behaved as normal. But that's because Xbox controller only technically has 3 slots. So on reWASD, it has four, i suppose. I don't know how I missed the instructions on creating blank, unfilled, profiles for all three profiles on the Accessories app before working on the reWASD side.

1. I did have the checkbox filled, but I won't know until the next time the dead-zone seemingly disappears overnight and leads me looking in obscene directions at start of a game session.

Comment

Hello there!

Slot 1 behaved as normal. But that's because Xbox controller only technically has 3 slots
        Xbox Elite Series 2 has a zero slot (we associate it with Slot 1 in reWASD) and 3 additional slots (correspond to 2-4 Slots in reWASD). You are correct, zero slot doesn't have any mappings by default in Xbox Accessories app, but if you use other ones, you need to perform the steps from 1ncorrect post — to stop Xbox Accessories from sending XYBA to them.

I won't know until the next time the dead-zone seemingly disappears overnight
        Please let us know how it goes

Comment

Working...
        X