Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to rewasd and having a question - 2 combos firing simultaneously from 1 button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to rewasd and having a question - 2 combos firing simultaneously from 1 button

Hello

sorry for my first thread being a question, but is it possible to fire 2 different combos at the same time with one button?

So for example, key A has combo X and key B has combo Y. Is to possible by pressing key C to start combo X+Y at the same time?

I can do this right now by pressing 2 keys I dont wish that though I wish for both combos to start at the same time with one key.

Thank you.

reWASD is unable to launch two parallel combos with a single press of a button.

Can you explain what would that kind of setup be used for?

Comment

I have a setup that I am using in a complex menuing / strategy game. I am doing both combos at the same time with several buttons. It doesnt have to be exactly at the same time but since this is a sequence if I put everything after another it wont work as intended.

Its a shame that its not possible thank you.

Comment

Another example that I was thinking to make you understand a case for that is 2 Turbo sequences firing at the same with 1 button instead of 2.

For example:

Weapon A fires with Button A and there we want a turbo loop with 10ms.
        Weapon B fires with Button B and there we want a turbo loop with different timings because of reloading and there we have sequence and a loop with 80ms.

Now for convenience reasons we want to do this at the same time with 1 button. And therefore we need what I described .

Comment

Got your point, sounds pretty interesting, but I am not sure if it is possible in our current architecture. We will consider adding such feature, but at the moment, I can't promise that it will happen anytime soon.

Comment

I tried a different approach to this and maybe you guys have an idea on why is it not working.

Since this needs to run in 2 threads at the same I used an AHK script on top of rewasd.

I binded sequence A to keyboard key C on rewasd.
            I binded sequence B to keyboard key C on ahk.

Then I binded both sequences on button A on the controller. But only the rewasd sequence fires not the ahk. You guys know of any way I could combine this?

Comment

It may be a chance that C key is Unmapped in reWASD, and so AHK doesn't get any input. Please try to uncheck "Unmap" option and try this scenario — though the game may also detect additional C action.

Comment

I tried both mapped and unmapped but then only the AHK script is running when I press A on the controller. So it does Sequence B, sequence A doesnt fire.

Comment

I may not understand you properly then. Are you using the physical controller only? A and B are buttons on the controller or the combos you have created?

Could you please describe your whole setup?

Comment

I am using the controller only yes.
                    One combo is firing on a keyboard sequence and one is firing on controller inputs.

Comment

Seems I got it, thank you.

reWASD doesn't detect the input that goes from AHK — as for it is not a physical device.

I assume it won't work, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X