Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen tearing

Hey guys,

I have difficulties with screen tearing while using reWASD. I use it to remap mouse and keyboard to functions as an xbox 360 controller to play Halo Infinite and once i start reWASD i have really hard tearing issue ingame. Also i have noticed that while moving my mouse inside reWASD window it looks like fps drops inside it or reWASD itself runs as if it has some kind of 60 fps lock and i have a 144hz monitor.

My setup just in case its important:
    RTX 3080
    RAM 4x8GB 3600@CL16
    Fresh Windows 11 install, i have had same issue with Windows 10.
    3 x 27" 144hz monitors, i only play games one of those tho.

I have also tried it with both wired and wireless mouses and nothing changed.

I own full version of reWASD with all possible DLCs or w/e its called (Advanced mapping + Combo + 4 Slots + Rapid Fire)

Thanks in advance.

Tearing issue appears when V-Sync is disabled in the game. I suggest enabling it.

There is a possibility that the game switches from KBM to controller all the time, what might result in FPS drops. Please make sure you have [Unmap] flag set for every mapping in your config. And don't forget to set up an "unlocker" key to be able to use mouse as a mouse when required. If you'd manage to lock yourself out - use [CTRL]+[ALT]+[DEL] shortcut to disable remap.

If you think that having reWASD window in the background might be a reason of FPS drop - try to close the window (via [X] button at the top right). Remapping is done by an always running system service, so it will still work even when reWASD is closed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Tearing issue appears when V-Sync is disabled in the game. I suggest enabling it.

There is a possibility that the game switches from KBM to controller all the time, what might result in FPS drops. Please make sure you have [Unmap] flag set for every mapping in your config. And don't forget to set up an "unlocker" key to be able to use mouse as a mouse when required. If you'd manage to lock yourself out - use [CTRL]+[ALT]+[DEL] shortcut to disable remap.

If you think that having reWASD window in the background might be a reason of FPS drop - try to close the window (via [X] button at the top right). Remapping is done by an always running system service, so it will still work even when reWASD is closed.
      I have every key keyboard key unmapped also i always close reWASD while playing.

Here is my profile
      Attached Files

Comment

Configuration seems to be fine. Though I would also suggest to unmap scrolls, just in case.

I am unaware of any other possible reasons for FPS drops when remapping. Maybe my colleagues might have another suggestion.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          Configuration seems to be fine. Though I would also suggest to unmap scrolls, just in case.

I am unaware of any other possible reasons for FPS drops when remapping. Maybe my colleagues might have another suggestion.
          Vsync kind of fixes it however it shouldn't be required and it increases input latency.

I have figured out that screen tearing happens when you move left and right while having movement macro enabled. I mean macro where you set your trigger speed to 100% for a second it moves asap for gamepad.

Comment

Hey! Please check other virtual gamepad types here. Change the type, apply a config, restart the game and check:

Click image for larger version

Name:	V2VJWKGU8bJMR2.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	230093

Comment

Working...
            X