Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual mode controller forced to ps3 mode in windows

Hi,

I have a problem with PXN 9613 controllers, they usually show as a normal xbox 360 controllers in joy.cpl. They have feature to switch D-input mode, but I never tried that. The normal Xinput mode is enough almost every game on pc. When I install reWASD they change somehow to show only that D-input mode in joy.cpl and reWASD detect them too. And this D-input mode is PS3 controller in joy.cpl and dualshock 3 in reWASD.

I have 11 gamepads and we usually play games with up to 8 controllers where every controller mimics the xbox 360 controller. And those controllers work in every steam games where controllers are under 5 and 80% of games where is 5 or more controllers. I am looking for solution how to get my last 20% of those games work with my controllers what I have. For that I would need dualshock 4 emulator and the gamepad to keyboard mapper. I was looking for that kind of software. So I have already tried ds4windows (bc it's free) but it didn't detect my fake ps3 controllers (tried everything) - so next one is this reWASD (currently testing it in free trial). There everything looks working well, I already tested my games with 3 emulated dualshock 4 controllers with autolauch in couple steam games and they all worked 100%. I believe there isn't problem at keyboard mapping either, but I am not tested it yet.

The problem is that those 2 pcs PXN 9613 controllers didn't work in xinput mode like they normally do - I would use reWASD for them to emulate current DS3 to xbox 360 controller and make a autolaunch every other steam game too, but then I have to use reWASD at least 80% more than I should, I don't want to do that - but that is the final option. Every other 9 controllers works like before reWASD-installing.

What I have tried to do and nothing works:
    - Clear all data in reWASD
    - Autostart the backgorund agent unchecked and checked
    - remove applied config from slot on exit the associated app checked and unchecked
    - exit reWASD and background agent checked
    - shut down reWASD server from Task Manager
    - delete all drivers from DS4windows app what I had, there is nothing left anymore
    - put those 2 controllers to blacklist
    - uninstall controller's driver from Device Manager + and replug + reinstall them to windows
    - Disable those controllers from Device Manager + and replug
    - I already browsing all post in this forum and didn't find any similar issue, so now I am asking it myself
    - maybe many more things but can't remember anymore

Only thing what really worked was uninstall reWASD and restart computer - then those controller come back to xinput mode. And show as a xbox 360 controllers in joy.cpl.
    Then I tried to install reWASD when those controllers were connected to pc and after restart they show as a xbox 360 controllers for both, in joy.cpl and reWASD. I already thought that was the solution but no. When I unpluged and repluged them to pc they changed again to D-input PS3 controllers (DS3). Of course I could emulate those for xbox 360 controller again with reWASD and make autolaunch every other 5 or more controllers game which can use 8 xinput controllers simultaneously in steam, but it's much more work to do and cannot be sure if there will be more problems while doing so. Is there anything what I could try yet to avoid doing that?

I know there is InputMapper too, but what I read there would be even more problems as DS4windows - so I think reWASD is best option for me. Before I buy it, I want to know what I get and did it work like it should. The second question is what features I need to add when I buy a lisence? If I need to emulate 3 pcs dualshock 4 controllers and one keyboard simultaneously + (maybe those 2 x dualshock 3 to xbox 360 controllers at the same time).

Hello!

reWASD sends the same commands the console does, and so, it seems, your controller is sure that it should work as DualShock 3 in this case.

In order to "black-list" your controller from our driver, you will need to make a few tricky steps, but hope it won't be an issue:
    1. You need to locate your controller in Device Manager (or on Devices and Printers in Control Panel). For USB connection, choose USB Input Device. If you connect the controllers via Bluetooth, then you should find the adapter.
    2. Now go to the following option: Properties (1) -> Details (2) -> Device instance path (3) and you need to copy the value you got here (screenshot):
    3. Next step — Registry editor (type regedit in the Windows search). And go to the following path:
      Code:
      Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\E num\ {THE PATH YOU GOT WITH STEP 2} \Device Parameters[*]
    4. Create a new key, DWORD, IgnoredByreWASD. It should have any value that doesn't equal zero
    5. Almost done. Now you need to reboot your PC (or reconnect your controller if it is a USB connection).
    If you remove the key (or change it to 0), the gamepad will be recognized by reWASD again. So, you will need to switch it on again when you decide to use it with reWASD.

what features I need to add when I buy a lisence?
    Your description reminds the basic license. But I am not sure what exactly you may use. Please check this link with more details about each feature, just to be sure. Anyway, you can always upgrade your license later in case you decide to add more powers to it.

Comment

Thanks for quick answer and help. I did how you said and issue is still the same. I'll still make sure I did the right thing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Device Manager.png
Views:	310
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	230021Click image for larger version

Name:	register.png
Views:	332
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	230022Click image for larger version

Name:	joy.cpl.png
Views:	334
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	230023​​

And after controller unplug and replug and pc restart it's still the same. ​

Comment

It seems to be the wrong device, as the one we need is USB Input Device.

You could try to locate it via Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, it may be easier in this case. Here is how the original DualShock 3 is detected on my PC:

Click image for larger version

Name:	aac27475d8.png
Views:	319
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	230025

Comment

You are genius! That worked, thank you very much. I will buy license today

Comment

Great news

Have the best gaming experience with reWASD!

Comment

Working...
            X