Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD on Windows 11 via Parallels on MacBook Pro

Hello,

I am trying to install reWASD on a fresh installation of Windows 11 on a MacBook Pro using Parallels.

I always get this error message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-05 um 16.30.09.png
Views:	810
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	230067

Do you have an idea what's the problem here?

Best regards and thanks,
    Tim

Attached Files

Hey Tim!

reWASD works on Windows 11 in Parallels, but only for Mac machine with Intel CPU. Is there a chance that you have ARM (Apple Silicon)?

Comment

Hello, yes indeed!
      I was assuming it works with the newest version since in the last versions there was already an "error" message thrown that ARM is not supported in the installer.
      Then I will keep waiting for the ARM support

Thank you!

Comment

We are planning to add the experimental ARM support in the next update, so it will happen pretty soon. Stay tuned

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
          We are planning to add the experimental ARM support in the next update, so it will happen pretty soon. Stay tuned
          Hello,

I am a MAC (M1) user that want to play on my PS5 through remote play, I understand there is no version for the MAC and I am trying to install on parallels windows 11 but no luck, is there any "experimental executable" I could try on for the ARM

Thanks, AP.

Comment

Hello

We have an ARM version on our website.
            Please make sure that you have downloaded the ARM version of the app.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	235847

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
              Hello

We have an ARM version on our website.
              Please make sure that you have downloaded the ARM version of the app.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	235847
              Ohh I did! but I got this error now

Name:	CleanShot 2023-03-06 at 15.19.04@2x.png
Views:	481
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	235849

Any ideas?​

Comment

It looks like a .NET issue
                You can try the .NET Framework Repair Tool to fix this.

Comment

Also make sure you have all Windows updates installed

Comment

Originally Posted by Railius View Post

Ohh I did! but I got this error now

Name:	CleanShot 2023-03-06 at 15.19.04@2x.png
Views:	481
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	235849

Any ideas?​
                    That did not work, however I created a new copy of Windows 11 on Parallels Desktop, now is it possible to make it work? where should I install PS Remote Play on Parallels or the Mac and the map the reWASD from virtual machine to mac? please if you have done this before it would be life saving haha.

Comment

Did you get this error even once you installed all Windows updates and fixed .NET issue?

You can find PS remote play app on PlayStation official website.

Comment

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 4.45.42 PM.png
Views:	398
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	236768I am having the same error with a freshly updated .NET and Windows installation. You can see the file exists...

Comment

yetanotheruser Please specify the Windows version/build you are using and the CPU used on your device.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                            yetanotheruser Please specify the Windows version/build you are using and the CPU used on your device.
                            I am running on Apple Silicon M1 Max Pro with Parallels. Windows 11 build 22000.1817

I ended up figuring it out though. First of course, I made sure all Windows updates were installed, then I updated the .NET framework from the recommended version 4.8 to 4.8.1 because M1 chips weren't out in 2019 when 4.8 was released and 4.8.1 was released just last year. Then enabled the following on the Windows Features:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 10.46.01 PM.png
Views:	414
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	236776
                            From there the ARM version worked. Enjoying the software!

Comment

Working...
                            X