Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying but cannot get it to work at all with Lost Ark

Hi,

I tried this program with Lost Ark and no matter what the game cannot detect the remapping of wasd to joystick. I setup associated app to Lostark.exe (active app). I only remap the joystick to wasd (I also tried other keys), the joystick in game is disabled after "Apply" the remapping (I am assuming the keyboard replacement key would take over) but the keyboard keys are not recognized. Maybe because I am using a wireless logitect keyboard?

You can see the program detect my mouse, keyboard, and logitec controller fine but the game just not respond to the remapped keyboard keys.

Please help! Really appreciated.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Retest01.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	230229

Hello!
    Try remapping the controller entirely to keyboard and mouse mappings. Use Unmap to mute the native input of the controller (to do this, activate the trial period for the Advanced mapping feature).

Name:	a2XgLQ7ClnjZpm.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	230231

Also, in order for the autodetect to work, do not forget to turn on the radar.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
      Hello!
      Try remapping the controller entirely to keyboard and mouse mappings. Use Unmap to mute the native input of the controller (to do this, activate the trial period for the Advanced mapping feature).

Name:	a2XgLQ7ClnjZpm.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	230231

Also, in order for the autodetect to work, do not forget to turn on the radar.
      I tried the above and it does not work. However the reverse works. For controller to mimic keyboard works. I can rebind controller keys to mimic keyboard. For example, I can remap X on controller to M on keyboard (for map). So when I press X on my controller, it opens the map. That is not what I want, I want the opposite to work. I want the keyboard to mimic the controller keys.

Please help thanks!

Comment

You can see the program detect my mouse, keyboard, and logitec controller fine
        Can't tell it does. Your screenshot shows that you have your Logitech controller chosen as a device to remap.

If you want to remap your keyboard and mouse to a virtual controller, you would need to group them up and select that group. Though make sure that you have selected your physical devices and not the virtual ones that G-Hub creates to use as output for its native remapping. If you have anything remapped via G-Hub - use on-board memory mode. Otherwise, you would have to add virtual devices to the group too and add keyboard and mouse sub-configs for them, to be able to remap whatever was remapped by G-Hub. To find your physical devices you can use Device Detection.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          Can't tell it does. Your screenshot shows that you have your Logitech controller chosen as a device to remap.

If you want to remap your keyboard and mouse to a virtual controller, you would need to group them up and select that group. Though make sure that you have selected your physical devices and not the virtual ones that G-Hub creates to use as output for its native remapping. If you have anything remapped via G-Hub - use on-board memory mode. Otherwise, you would have to add virtual devices to the group too and add keyboard and mouse sub-configs for them, to be able to remap whatever was remapped by G-Hub. To find your physical devices you can use Device Detection.
          Ok so i grouped the keyboard and controler together and still does not work.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	230243
          Can you or anyone lay down the steps after grouping the device together? It should not be this difficult from what I heared.

I also have DS4window installed and toggled the hide controller option on and off as I read it may interefer with this program (it was never turned on in the first place). No difference.

Again when I remap a button on the controller say X to M keyboard. When I presss X on the controller, it activates 2 actions, the default controller action (if not unmapped) and opens the map in game, M key function. So the controller is mimicing the keyboard. But if I press M on the keyboard, it only triggers the map function and not the controller function.

In short, controller mimic keyboard fine, but the keyboard mimic controller not working at all.

Really confused.

Comment

You are still trying to remap your controller only. To remap keyboard keys, you should add mappings on [Keyboard] sub-config (at the top part of the window right under Shifts) that became available after you have added your keyboard to the group. Check this article for more information.

In reWASD selected sub-config - what you see - is not an end-point virtual device, but your physical device that you are going to remap to the virtual ones.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
              You are still trying to remap your controller only. To remap keyboard keys, you should add mappings on [Keyboard] sub-config (at the top part of the window right under Shifts) that became available after you have added your keyboard to the group. Check this article for more information.

In reWASD selected sub-config - what you see - is not an end-point virtual device, but your physical device that you are going to remap to the virtual ones.
              Got it working omg! Thanks for the help but there really should be a tutorial on how to do keyboard -> controller remapping. The link you send me explains 1 keyboard remapping to another keyboard key. Mouse to keyboard. But not keyboard to controller. I think it would help newbies if there is tutorial for keyboard to controller with pictures!

Anyway, great program. Happy now!

Comment

Working...
              X