Elite Series 2 Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Series 2 Controller

Ever since the latest update, I noticed my elite series 2 controller doesn't stop vibrating once any game triggers a hard vibration. I keep having to hit the Xbox button to make the Xbox game bar pop up and only then will it stop vibrating.. I have tried updating the controller and rewasd software and the only way it stops completely and goes back to normal is if I exit rewasd completely.

Hello!

Could you please check if Xbox Extended Feature Support is on in Steam Big Picture? If yes, please try to disable it, restart your PC and check again.

Comment

Yes so I checked and it wasn't on.

Comment

Got it, thank you for checking.

Then we will need a bit more information to understand what happens here:
        1. Please send me the config you are using. Right-click on the config's name to open the contextual menu and choose Open file location. I will need the correspondent *.rewasd file.
        2. Check which firmware version you have (it should be available in Xbox Accessories) and which reWASD version you have installed ( in the bottom right, General tab).
        3. Specify which games you have tried.
        4. Open this website, press Vibration button and check if it also triggers the unstoppable vibration.
        5. Specify which connection you use — cable, wireless adapter or Bluetooth.

Comment

Ok here you go

1. I have uploaded the file however I will mention it's happening with any config whether applied or not applied remapped or not.
          2. Firmware Version: 4.8.1908.0 reWASD version 6.0.1.5202
          3. It's happening will ALL games even ones from the Microsoft store. Halo, Forza, GTAV, Cyberpunk, etc..
          4. I opened the website and pressed the vibration button and it vibrated and stopped as normal.
          5. My Elite series 2 controller is plugged in via a USB cable.

Edit: To add config file.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks pretty strange.

the only way it stops completely and goes back to normal is if I exit rewasd completely
            Could you please specify — you have exited reWASD from tray or something else? And does it work normally with or without the applied config in this case?

Comment

Exit reWASD meaning closing the software completely, not running in the background or anything.. Basically only stops when I'm not using reWASD at all. Something else I noticed is when I exit reWASD completely from tray, the buttons aren't unmapped they're still mapped. and I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling reWASD.

Comment

When you close reWASD from the tray agent (Exit reWASD option), you stop the background agent, and so it won't apply the configs automatically if you reconnect the controller, restart your PC or use Autodetect. The config that was already applied won't be touched — it still works.

I am curious if you have used this option or have stopped our driver to detect that the vibration issue has gone. I assume the issue has gone completely only after the uninstallation?

Also, I would ask you to collect some logs for us — and the steps are below:
                1. Unplug/disconnect all physical controllers and their adapters, if present.
                2. Run reWASD as Administrator.
                3. Open 'Preferences > General', select 'Standard logging' with 'Service/Driver logs' only.
                4. Click the 'Start log' button and leave 'Preferences'.
                5. Connect your controller and wait a few seconds until it appears as a new device at the bottom left corner of the app.
                6. Go to 'Preferences > General' again and click the 'Stop log' button.
                7. In the message that will appear, click 'Open file location', find the archive that was created last, and send it to us.

Comment

By the way, we indeed have some vibration-related fixes that will be released soon — it may be a chance that it will help with your issue too, though we have reproduced the same issue only with Steam's driver installed. Please stay tuned, we will notify you once this version is out.

Comment

Actually, I just got home to test it on other games I have in my steam library like Arkham Asylum and Halo MCC to make sure I wasn't mistaken... Actually seems to be only GTAV with the vibration problem. Which Is purchased through steam. I thought for sure at least Cyberpunk also had the same issue but it turns out cyberpunk just has really long vibrations... Sorry about that. However, I tried your suggestion earlier and couldn't find any "Xbox Extended Feature Support" and any other controller options were disabled already.

Comment

OK I found the setting and yea like I thought it was already disabled.

Comment

In this case, I assume, we should wait a bit and test the new version. Hope it will help, and the issue will be fully resolved for any game.

Comment

Working...
                        X