Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me please! trying to set my controller to a Climax input in King of Fighters 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me please! trying to set my controller to a Climax input in King of Fighters 15

I recorded the combo of buttons for the super input... but its way too slow even with the MS turned down or removed. And it wont recognize cardinal directions. Down works but Left registers as diagonal left and not straight left. I want it mapped to two buttons to activate for left side and two buttons to activate for right side.

The motion i need is quarter circle back half circle forward and 2 buttons.

I just bought this software to help with my disability and controllers but its not working and now I feel remorse..

I have no idea what you mean by MS, but reWASD, while able to record combo moves, due to some limitations does not record Stick movements precisely as they were done, so if you need to use them, it would be better to make such combo manually.

Assuming your game works at stable 60 FPS, the combo for "quarter circle back half circle forward and 2 buttons" done with a stick with "forward" being "right" should look like this, if I understand it correctly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	308
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	230281

You can map this combo to any single button or a [Shortcut] of 2-4 buttons pressed at the same time. Though you might need another 20ms pause before the two buttons are pressed.

This image might be of help when making combos with sticks in the future:

Name:	usecase_19.png
Views:	381
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	230280

Comment

Hi and thank you for your quick reply. I am using a dpad on my hori fighting commander octa not a stick, and can record the input in game successfully but it comes out too slow regardless of Ms (timing of the button) in between presses.

Plus that doesn't help with the lack of left motion and right motion not being registered as it is registered as a diagonal instead of a straight left. This program has a pretty big learning curve for me it seems

Comment

Hmm, D-Pad then. Should be a tiny bit easier:

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	371
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	230284

If combo goes too slow or too fast - adjust the pauses. For stable 60 FPS those pauses should be at least 17ms for whatever is pressed at the moment to be detected by the game (one such pause should count as a "frame").

Comment

Originally Posted by disabledude125 View Post
          Hi and thank you for your quick reply. I am using a dpad on my hori fighting commander octa not a stick, and can record the input in game successfully but it comes out too slow regardless of Ms (timing of the button) in between presses.

Plus that doesn't help with the lack of left motion and right motion not being registered as it is registered as a diagonal instead of a straight left. This program has a pretty big learning curve for me it seems

okay cool. Now I have one last question. My combo list has release motions instead of just one button press like yours seems to have. How did you get it to be that way?

Name:	sauce.png
Views:	301
Size:	339.8 KB
ID:	230286

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by "release motions".

Every button has a [Press] and [Release] node. These nodes can be moved around in the combo as long as [Press] stands before [Release]. Pause nodes act as "send" command of sorts, as the pause itself gives the game enough time to check what buttons are pressed at the moment. So your task is getting all required buttons pressed before a pause node, and release the unneeded ones afterwards.

Comment

Working...
            X