GTA Drivng controls / Requesting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA Drivng controls / Requesting help

I recently configured all controls the way I needed them and I instantly noticed that when I am in a car I cannot use the right joystick on my xbox to look around as I accelerate with the right trigger. I want to make sure there is something that I need to enable or link. Anytips or experts that have fixed / ran into this issue? This is for a GTA RAGE MP Server.

Hey there!

Sadly, I am not a GTA player, so I will need more information from you.
    1. Which mappings do you have for the trigger and right stick in the "driving part" of the config? You may share the full config, right-click on the config's name to open the contextual menu and choose Open file location. I will need the correspondent *.rewasd file.
    2. Can you move in this mode without reWASD? Does RAGE MP Server support the controller natively or you should use keyboard and mouse mappings only?

Comment

1. Please see attached.

2. I can do this function without reWASD and RAGE MP does support controller functionality with a keyboard and mouse. Some feautures like shooting are restricted but everything auto maps correctly when plugging in a controller. If i do not use reWASD I can accelerate and turn the camera at the same time.

3. Additionally is there a way to change the joystick look sensitivity?
      Attached Files

Comment

In your config you have your right stick remapped to mouse without [Unmap] flag, meaning that controller inputs are also sent to the game, which in turn might make the game activate a controller scheme and ignore the mouse input when driving.

I suggest either setting [Unmap] flag for all your mappings on the controller or checking in-game controls and tweaking them according to your needs.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          In your config you have your right stick remapped to mouse without [Unmap] flag, meaning that controller inputs are also sent to the game, which in turn might make the game activate a controller scheme and ignore the mouse input when driving.

I suggest either setting [Unmap] flag for all your mappings on the controller or checking in-game controls and tweaking them according to your needs.
          After I unmap do you think that may fix the issue? I tried playing using the previous config. It is bearable but I will attempt to fix it in a bit. Is there a way to unmap flag all or do I have to click every icon?

Comment

I will check the HTML file you sent.my original config Is bearable but I will attempt to fix it in a bit. I will check the html and test again.

Comment

Hello!

It is better to unmap each and every control. Please check the Magic Wand () under your controller in reWASD — it has Unmap all option, that's exactly what you need.

Regarding the stick's sensitivity, I would recommend that you check three things:
              • Sensitivity under the Mouse settings of the Right Stick (increase or decrease it):
              Click image for larger version

Name:	dd9c1295c1.png
Views:	335
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	230318
              • Minimize the Vertical and Horizontal axes range (1)
              • Try different curves for the Response (2)
              Click image for larger version

Name:	04f3af5091.png
Views:	405
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	230319

Comment

Working...
              X