Mouse side buttons not working - Corsair Gaming Harpoon RGB Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse side buttons not working - Corsair Gaming Harpoon RGB Mouse

I'm a new user to reWASD, but I think I've figured most of the stuff out. Great app. I'm trying to map my side mouse buttons (X1 and X2) to the virtual controller, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've mapped other buttons successfully on the mouse. Is there any way to see if reWASD is picking those up? i.e. is there a screen that shows the buttons your depressing when you do it? Any other suggestions or info needed to troubleshoot? I'm trying to map X1 from the mouse to R3 on the controller and that doesn't work. I'm able to map it to the keyboard, but when I copy that mapping that works for the keyboard to X1 on the mouse it doesn't work either. Any suggestions? Thank you!

As far as I understand, this mouse does not have non-standard additional buttons besides RMB, LMB, X1,X2 and the wheel, and all of them must be remapped in reWASD.

You can try mapping the X1 or X2 keys to keyboard buttons and test if it works in a text editor.
    In case you want to check if the virtual R3 works when you press the side button, you can open our virtual controller tester with a shortcut.

You can find out this combination by opening Preferences → Overlay → Virtual controller tester. Don't forget to apply the config before checking.

You can also try remapping these buttons using Corsair's native software.
    This article describes how to remap additional mouse buttons that are not displayed in the reWASD interface.
    We would like to draw your attention to the fact that in this article there is a footnote about mice from Corsair, and additional buttons may be reported as a separate device in reWASD.

Comment

X1 and X2 show up in reWASD, but don't seem to work when mapping to them. I tried mapping them and testing in notepad per your suggestions and it's not working for X1 and X2, but I mapped pressing the mouse wheel to a letter and that works. Any ideas to make it work in reWASD for X1 and X2?

I will check out the article you mentioned and maybe I can map it with Corsair's software per your suggestion.

Comment

Try the solution from the article, and also make sure that X1 and X2 are initially working.
        This can be checked on any mouse test site.

Comment

X2 was part of a Corsair Virtual input device that I was able to group and assign. Still can't get X1 to work, but haven't tried with Corsair's software yet. Wasn't sure if this helps troubleshoot.

Comment

Try to ungroup all devices and use Detection Mode.
            Press X1 and X2. The reWASD GUI should highlight the devices that respond to these clicks for you.
            These devices will need to be grouped and then the mappings for X1 and X2 should work.

Comment

Reinstalling my mouse drivers and reWASD resolved this. Thank you guys for your help!

Comment

You should first verify that X1 and X2 work before attempting the solution in the article.
                It is possible to check this by using a mouse tester site.

Comment

Working...
                X