No announcement yet.

Issue with steam controller right touchpad randomly stops receiving input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, as further information, I've tested this with the DualSense touchpad and the issue does not happen with that controller.

Comment

Hey! Try disabling the following option in the system. It seems that the controller may just disconnect randomly.

1. In Device Manager, choose View by connection view
      2. Find your controller and navigate to the Bluetooth dongle
      3. Check if it has Power Management tab in Properties
      4. Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

The example below shows DS4, just to describe the idea.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=227560&d=1631182060.png Views:	0 Size:	247.2 KB ID:	230396

Comment

I'll double check my Bluetooth drivers and settings later today. But I'm not sure it's that since it doesn't happen on steam input and buttons are still receiving input.

Comment

We are working with Steam controller differently. reWASD has exclusive mode that allows us to get access to all the controls and it hides the device from the system completely. Even Steam can't access it when remap is on. So basically, Windows may decide that the controller is not active — and so it may switch it off.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, I'm seeing a lot of devices, some for xbox controllers and one for steam (only steam controller is connected), so not sure which one is which. Any idea on how it shows in device manager. I've changed the power mode in most of them but not sure I picked the right one, and at least with the ones I've changed I'm still seeing the disconnects of mouse input.

Comment

It should be shown like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2022-02-24_21-27-46.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	230413

Comment

Yep, I did disable power management like that, but unfortunately it doesn't fix it. It seems like can I just use SteamInput for this game so I will probably go that route, but it would be great to try to find a solution to this issue to be able to use the steam controller in other non steam games. Thanks.

Comment

Got it, thank you for the information. Will try to dig into. Stay tuned!

Comment

Just to confirm, yesterday I played Cyberpunk 2077 for an hour with a very similar setup to the one I have in REWASD, and had no issues losing mouse input. Again, not a big issue for me on this game as it it seems to play nicely with Steam (I bought it on GOG), but I'm worried about other non steam games not working properly as that is why I usually need REWASD. Thanks and let me know if I can provide any further info or try anything else.

Comment

Sure, will keep you posted. Also, you should try the same with a new version — reWASD 6.1.0 is out now!

Comment

Damn! Great news! Thanks for the continued support!

Comment

You are welcome!

Comment

I just tested, but unfortunately the touchpad issue persists on 6.1.

Comment

Will try to find what's wrong. Need to test more. Will keep you updated! ​​​​​​

Comment

Hey, I was sent a test version by Shion to fix the other issue with the left/right trigger gyro activation, but it also seems to have solved this issue! Maybe it's my imagination, but the steam controller also feels less laggy. Hopefully it's not something in my config and the problem doesn't come back, but thanks for the changes!

Comment

Working...
                                X