Virtual controller not used in-game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual controller not used in-game?

Hi, I'm using a xim4 via remote play on PC to play PS5 and reWASD mapping is not working. (It was working last month) I think it's because the virtual Controller is not used in-game. Even if xim4 is detected as one controller, I have two working controllers when I go in "game controllers" on Windows 10 so the virtual on is there but that's the other one that is used in-game? What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Hello!

I may not understand you properly, but should mention that in order to remap XIM with reWASD, you need to use the controller that is reported by XIM. You won't be able to remap the keyboard and mouse directly, even though you may see them in reWASD.

If you have a few different controllers, then yes, the games may not see the virtual one but detect the others. In this case, I suggest that you group all those controllers and Apply a config for all of them — then reWASD will hide the physical controllers from the system by default.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

I may not understand you properly, but should mention that in order to remap XIM with reWASD, you need to use the controller that is reported by XIM. You won't be able to remap the keyboard and mouse directly, even though you may see them in reWASD.

If you have a few different controllers, then yes, the games may not see the virtual one but detect the others. In this case, I suggest that you group all those controllers and Apply a config for all of them — then reWASD will hide the physical controllers from the system by default.
      I can use the keyboard and mouse that are plugged in the xim4 in reWASD mapping, reWASD detect them. I've been doing this for months that why i bought reWASD. But you can forget about xim stuff, its basically a physical controller. (with mouse and keyboard)

Now everything is working and I don't know why. I need to know why so I can fix it when it fails.

How can i proceed to discover what is making reWASD fail to apply "mapping" like rapid press, auto press L3, etc sometimes?

Thank

Attached Files

Comment

Pretty interesting, because we have tested XIM — and it was working only with a gamepad. Maybe you are using a new version. Thank you for the information.

Some truly fast presses may not be detected by the game or they may be unstable. I think you should re-check the pauses and durations in your config in this case.

Comment

I just went back to PS5 reWASD mapping stopped working, I. restarted PlayStation remote play app and reWASD mapping started to work again. It looks like it's a glitch between the two. Yes, an intermittent thing, the worst... I'll post updates.

Comment

Pretty strange situation. Please let us know if it happens again. Note that it is always better to restart remote play app (or a game) once you apply a config with a virtual controller — then you may be sure that it will be fully detected.

Comment

Working...
            X