Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New shift layers in 6.1

Hi,

First off, loving the new update - the new shift layers have fixed a lot of issues I've had previously.

One thing I noticed so far that feels a bit off is that shift layer remaps will affect other shift layers pointed to in shift mode.

For example, I have shift layer 0 and 3, in shift layer 0 I have LMB on the mouse unaltered (should send LMB), but in Shift layer 3 I have LMB set to Esc and shift mode to Shift layer 0 when pressed. Unfortunately, this also causes Shift layer 0 LMB to have Esc when I want it to be unaltered and send LMB.

Pathway I am trying to achieve:

Step 1: Press C - actives skill and toggles shift layer 3
    Step 2: Press LMB (remapped to ESC) in shift layer 3, which send command for Esc then shift mode to Shift layer 0
    Step 3: Now set as Shift layer 0, press LMB (unaltered) to send LMB command

Problem is in 6.1 right now Step 3 isn't possible (as far as I know) because Shift layer 3 also applies Esc to Shift layer 0

Hello!
    Do you release your LMB before returning to Shift layer 0 or does it stay pressed?
    Please send the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles

Comment

I think it's not that it's a glitch but might be a limitation of the current features. So the image below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	NVIDIA_Share_ojBeNXFQi1.png
Views:	192
Size:	502.0 KB
ID:	230536

I like how you guys colour coded the remapping on the left, as it helps trace where the remaps are going.

So I'm on Shift Layer 3 in this picture. What I'd like to do is Remap LMB so it presses Escape THEN jumps to Shift Layer 0 (which has LMB unbinded). From what I can tell so far that's not possible?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by ChillBear View Post
        So I'm on Shift Layer 3 in this picture. What I'd like to do is Remap LMB so it presses Escape THEN jumps to Shift Layer 0 (which has LMB unbinded). From what I can tell so far that's not possible?
        Yes. Mappings set in Shift change popup go to that shift and are used for both Shifts.

Comment

On Shift 3, put ESC on Start Press and [Goto] Shift 1 on Regular Press. This should achieve the desired output.

Comment

Working...
          X