Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing the Analog Sticks via reWASD

Hi everyone!

I have encountered an issue with my controller (Xbox One) whereby my left analog stick cannot extend fully until the edge in a certain direction (Physically it can, however it can't be detected).

Referring to the screenshot below tested via gamepadtester.com:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Analog Stick.png
Views:	710
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	230686

Due to this, while playing certain games, my character cannot run or sprint at that particular direction as the analog stick is not detected as fully extended to 100%.

I would like to ask for your assistance in solving this this issue I have and guiding me to set up the necessary configuration to tackle this problem. Preferably a standard setting for the left analog stick that will be applied for all profiles, and emulators.

I have purchased the reWASD software with Advanced Mapping.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files

In this particular case I would suggest to repair the damage manually, as it looks like the stick got shifted a bit.

Though if you are unable to do the repairs, proper solution would be to calibrate the controller with the [joy.cpl] tool.

If for some reason that would not help, you can try to to change [Response] curve for the left stick in reWASD to something like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-03-05_5-37-43.png Views:	1 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	230690

Point 4 X value there might require tweaking. ​​​​​​

This should make your left stick less accurate while allowing you to get to maximum deflection faster, and will also cut the area of a stick to an ideal circle.

reWASD does not have a standard setting that will be applied to all existing configs, so you will have to do this for every config.

Comment

Thank you for your input. I'll try it soon!

Comment

Hello All.

Just want to report that that the configuration was successful and my character could run again, and I want to thank Shion personally.

I was only made aware that my right stick too couldn't reach the top, but this I tried to closely follow the "smooth" configuration while setting up 4 points to ensure that I can reach the edge. Thus, I could aim accurately just before it hits the 3rd point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Success.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	230696

Thank you reWASD and Shion!

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

Working...
          X