Xbox Elite 2 - Paddles Unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Elite 2 - Paddles Unresponsive

I recently purchased a Xbox Elite 2, I have been trying to use it in-game with no success. I have followed all the suggested steps as well as what other members have advised in other threads such as this: https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...emapping-issue

I believe I have done everything necessary but the paddles remain unresponsive.

I would be grateful if you could provide some additional information:
    1. Please send a screenshot of the full reWASD window with mappings on your paddles.
    2. Send a screenshot of the profiles from the Xbox Accessories app.

Comment

Thanks for the response, I've attached the screenshots you asked for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-11 222134.png
Views:	981
Size:	336.7 KB
ID:	230845Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-11 222307.png
Views:	962
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	230846Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-11 222341.png
Views:	963
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	230847
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the information provided.
        Did you apply the config manually using the yellow "Apply" button?
        Based on your screenshot, it doesn't look like the config was applied.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
          Thank you for the information provided.
          Did you apply the config manually using the yellow "Apply" button?
          Based on your screenshot, it doesn't look like the config was applied.
          Thanks for the quick response, I clicked "Apply" and no changes to the paddles being recognised.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-11 222341.png
Views:	822
Size:	340.5 KB
ID:	230852
          Attached Files

Comment

Could you check the firmware version of your controller in Xbox Accessories?

Comment

Could you check the firmware version of your controller in Xbox Accessories?
              Firmware version 5.13.3143.0

I reset the controller to default just to check that the paddles actually work, when mapped to ABXY they work just fine.

Comment

At the moment, this firmware does not allow remapping paddles in reWASD with any type of controller connection.
                We hope that Microsoft will do something in this direction, but for now we have what we have.

If you want to use paddles with reWASD, we recommend that you roll back the firmware to an earlier version.
                This post shows how this can be done.

I also want to draw your attention to the fact that with a BT connection on firmware 5.11, remapping the paddles will not work.

Comment

At the moment, this firmware does not allow remapping paddles in reWASD with any type of controller connection.
                  We hope that Microsoft will do something in this direction, but for now we have what we have.

If you want to use paddles with reWASD, we recommend that you roll back the firmware to an earlier version.
                  This post shows how this can be done.

I also want to draw your attention to the fact that with a BT connection on firmware 5.11, remapping the paddles will not work.
                  Thanks again for the response, it's a little disappointing to hear. I'd definitely be happy to rollback to an earlier version but after following the link you provided for PC rollback it seems that it doesn't actually say "how" to rollback the firmware exactly, would you be able to provide instructions on how to do it. Thanks.

Comment

We don't have a specific instruction, as this is not related to reWASD for the most part, but to Microsoft.
                    This Reddit post describes a workaround with driver substitution in case you do not have the ability to roll back the firmware through the console. I hope this works.

Comment

We don't have a specific instruction, as this is not related to reWASD for the most part, but to Microsoft.
                      This Reddit post describes a workaround with driver substitution in case you do not have the ability to roll back the firmware through the console. I hope this works.
                      I managed to rollback the firmware using my kids xbox console lol, thanks for all your help it's been much appreciated.

Comment

We are always happy to help!

Comment

Hi,
                          I just wanted to share. I updated my elite v2 (two of them) to Firmware version 5.13.3143.0 and it has disabled the paddles. This is on the PC via Bluetooth or Xbox wifi dongle or on the Xbox series itself. I can confirm that reverting back via Xbox console fixed the issue and obviously resolved my rewasd woes as it was m$ themselves. I am not a m$ insider not have I signed up for any beta programs. I was asked to update my elite v2s via the Xbox accessories PC app. I am utterly pissed at m$ incompetence. Ty for reading and I hope this helps those that are wondering wth is going on.

Comment

Thank you for your post! Pretty strange, I am not getting any updates so far in my Xbox Accessories. Still, we hope Microsoft will address this situation soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X