Xbox Elite 2 controller paddles discord push to talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Elite 2 controller paddles discord push to talk

Hey! I bought an xbox elite controller today and was wondering if there was a way to bind the paddles to a keyboard keybind for push to talk that would work on discord while also using the controller to play with normal keymaps in games. Thanks for any help!

Hello!
    Do you also create other mappings for your controller in reWASD? Or you don't plan to make any changes other than the ability to activate Push-to-talk Mode emulated with a keyboard button. And the controller will continue to work in normal mode without changes?

Comment

Hey! I don't plan to make any changes to the button maps other than binding push to talk to the paddles but would like the paddles to be keyboard binds instead of the normal xbox button binds.

Comment

Then you just need to create a new profile in reWASD and add the mappings of the keyboard buttons you need to your paddles.

Comment

I tried doing that before but didn't seem to work. I'll give it another try and see how it goes! It's probably just me being dumb though! xD thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

Could you check the firmware version of your controller in Xbox Accessories?

Comment

So i've done what you said, but i press the paddle to try and bind the key on discord push to talk but nothing happens. Almost like the paddle isn't bound to a key? I must be doing something wrong but i'm not sure what!

Comment

Sure, the firmware version is 5.13.3143.0

Comment

At the moment, this firmware does not allow remapping paddles in reWASD with any type of controller connection.
                  We hope that Microsoft will do something in this direction, but for now we have what we have.

If you want to use paddles with reWASD, we recommend that you roll back the firmware to an earlier version.
                  This post shows how this can be done.

I also want to draw your attention to the fact that with a BT connection on firmware 5.11, remapping the paddles will not work.

Comment

Ah ok! thanks a lot! I'll try!

Comment

Working...
                    X