Unable to map paddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to map paddles

I have searched everywhere, and seen tthe posts that are similar and along witth watching videos I really do not think I am doing something wrong. I did purchase the "Advanced Mapping" version.
    I am unable to map the paddles on an XBOX Elite v2 controller for some reason. I have UNMAPPED all keys in the XBOX Accessories app and follow this video:
    Here is how you map the paddles on your Xbox Elite controller to have whatever key or macros you want for use with PC gaming using the program "reWASD".If yo...

But cannot get it to work with discord. I have tried mapping my keyboard to my Push To Talk button, I have tried mapping it to my MOUSE5 (which is what I use) and am not having any luck.
    I recently got into Madden NFL 22 and I stream. My wife and son both play Call of Duty Vanguard (I run a clan / gaming community) and while its not super loud to use voice activation.....If I am in a game of madden streaming while they are playing with my clan, then of course my stream picks up the audio and it gets annoying.

I literally just want a PTT key on my controller.... and not just for madden but for any other games I mightt play in the future with my controller.

Thank you guys, and I really do love this app and what it can do. Just really wish I could get it to work. (also, I did follow the instructions and unmap all paddles to beging with....I also am not using he default profile and have set up and tried this on all 4 profiles and slots).

Hello!
    Please indicate the firmware version of your controller (can be found in Xbox Accessories) and how it is connected to the PC. Also, send a screenshot of your paddle settings in the Xbox App and in reWASD.

Comment

Hello,

i am literally having the same issue, but only since doing a firmware update from the xbox accessories app today. prior to that it was working no problem, but now the paddles are not regestering. i can confirm that all other button mappings are working. for instance, i can map keyboard letter "T" to d-pad down and it will regester in notepad or other apps, but the paddles are now gone completely.

i have reverified that accessories has blank profiles for the paddles, and have even tried a new profile with a new config, still nothing. this just broke today witht heupdate i did to the controller through xbox accessories.

Comment

sorry cannot edit my post, firmware version 5.13.3143.0

Comment

Hello!

Unfortunately, the beta firmware version you got doesn't report paddles on any connection. We hope Microsoft will address this situation soon.

In the meantime, you may check how to revert the firmware update on the console and Windows.

Comment

doing some further testing, i have a titan two and using Gtuner. normally the paddles show up as output designators but if i put the xbox accessories profile to not mapped (meaning as per rewasd instructions making the paddles blank or not mapped), there is no response in the device monitor under "PADDLE_! = 4". normally it shows as an input. so i think the new firmware update has stopped the controller from outputting anything unless it is mapped to a button. as soon as i map a paddle to say the a or b button, it shows as an input.

Comment

Yes, that is right. You need to try to roll back the firmware version.

Comment

Thank you for this it worked! i could not do the pc method, but went to a store selling xbox and they let me plug in my controller for 5 minutes to do the revert firmware step on console.

thanks again for this information, i hope microsoft figures this out for their next firmware update.

Comment

I just purchased this controller this week and do remember it did a firmware update in Xbox Accessories. Unfortanly I have always been a PC Mouse and keyboard player and do not know how to roll back firmware.

Comment

DeCiph3reD Check this announcement.

Comment

Well shit......... So I just puurchased this software and cannot use it for what I purchased it for? Is there not a way tto revert back to the old firmware?

Comment

Hey
                        In case you have updated your controllers, you may check how to revert the firmware update on the console and Windows.

Comment

So I have tried everything listed here (and in the other threads) even with the video posted in the original. I am not able to revert back to previous firmware. Does this mean I have to find someone with an xbox console and use the Xbox Assist? Im curious as to why no one here has posted up the actual *.inf file for the old drivers so we can just download and install that driver.Click image for larger version

Name:	xbox3.png
Views:	1122
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	230945
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

It may be a chance that you didn't have this driver at all since you got a new one. I am attaching the file from my local PC, but I am not sure if it is the correct method to revert the firmware — so use it at your own risk. Microsoft's official guide suggests that you should find the console.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Doesn't work. Dang, was hoping that would do the trick. So there is no way to revert firmware back without a console?

Comment

Working...
                              X