Opening Final Fantasy XIV Resets DualSense Trigger Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Final Fantasy XIV Resets DualSense Trigger Settings

I have a really simple profile set up for my DualSense controller. The only things I've changed are to add Half Press to the L2+R2 triggers. Whenever I plug in my controller it sets it just fine, but as soon as I open Final Fantasy XIV it seems to reset these. If I turn remap off and then back on it's fine, but it's still tedious to do this. I do have this profile associated with the Final Fantasy XIV program, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Is there something else that I could try to make this setting stick?

What do you mean by "add Half Press to the L2+R2 triggers"? Can you upload that config here? (use the [Upload Attachments] button)

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the right thing to upload.. but if it is, the only difference is this setting for the two shoulders: https://imgur.com/a/Jm1pDpR
      Attached Files

Comment

I'd suggest trying the [Clear data] button available at > General first.
        Then try this config without the game and check if adaptive trigger settings are working properly.

Comment

I tried clearing everything and trying again but it's the same issue. Once FFXIV opens I need to disable then enable remap for it to work.

Comment

Hello!

Do the triggers work normally when you do not open the game? I mean apply a config and check how they work at once, without launching the game.

Comment

Yup. On boot I can hear the triggers activate and they've got the resistance, but once I open FFXIV they go back to normal. If I disable/re-enable then they come back, though.

Comment

Got it, thank you. In a game, which controller is detected and chosen as an active one? Please check in-game controller settings.

Also, one more thing. Please try to add any other mapping to your config and check whether it works at once or the same happens when you enter the game.

Comment

The in-game controller settings are fine -- all inputs work as expected.

When setting a different button mapping that also seems to get cleared when I start the game.

Comment

It looks like the config is not applied when you start the game. Could you please collect some logs for us to check?

The steps are described here (GUI/Agent logs). Please start the log, apply your config, open the game, ensure that it doesn't work and then go back to Preferences to stop the log.

Comment

Here are the related log files.

Steps taken:
                      1. I enabled Remap and made sure config was applied
                      2. I opened FFXIV and tested and the config was no longer applied
                      3. I disabled Remap and re-enabled Remap and the config worked
                      4. I logged into the actual game, at which point only the left trigger as the config applied while the right trigger does not (I noticed this behavior at a different time so I did it here too)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the logs!

It seems that config was successfully applied, so something in the game prevents the adaptive triggers from working. We will need some time to test the game with your config, and I will be back once we have any news. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Hey there!

We have checked the game, and indeed, the preset is not working first time you open the game. It happens because the game has its unique presets for adaptive triggers that override reWASD. There is nothing we could do from our side — just you may need to disable the native in-game support for DualSense or use their native presets instead of the ones that reWASD creates.

Comment

Working...
                          X