Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP: Since reWASD 6.1.0, combo shortcuts results in unwanted in-game activations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: Since reWASD 6.1.0, combo shortcuts results in unwanted in-game activations

Hi there,

Firstly, I love reWASD.

I use key combos activated by shortcuts, and have been using them flawlessly, until reWASD 6.1.0 has been released. Now when I activate the shortcut combo, the game still activates the in-game button mapped individual button presses. So when I press the reWASD key combo shortcut twice closely together, it activates the assigned key in game.

Example: The shortcut trigger on my dual sense controller is Left-Dpad + PS button. This activates the combo, successfully, but, the game also activates Left-Dpad in-game, and when I then use that shortcut twice the game then performs an action associated with 2x Left-Dpad presses.

This never happened before the release of reWASD 6.1.0.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Edit: I have reinstalled the previous version 6.0.1, and cannot replicate my issue! Solved! Won't be using 6.1.0 for a while, hopefully this can be fixed for a future update
    Last edited by mitchkdrose; 31.03.2022, 19:42.

Hello!

Please send me the config you are using. Right-click on the config's name to open the contextual menu and choose Open file location. I will need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

Please send me the config you are using. Right-click on the config's name to open the contextual menu and choose Open file location. I will need the correspondent *.rewasd file.
      I just updated my post. If you want I can still send you the config?

Comment

I have tested, and the new 6.1.1 update has not fixed the issue that 6.1.0 caused.

Comment

Yes, please send me the config. I assume I understand why it doesn't work, and it will require some manual config changes. But I need to see the file to be sure.

Comment

Hello, I was about to make a post about exactly the same issue.
            Today I jumped from the version 5.8 to the 6.1 because I got a Flydigi controller, and I have a very hard time pulling my shortcuts since the individual button goes instead of the shurtcut.
            I link here the controller profile I am using.
            You can see as a reference that A+X normally does a macro, but the macro is actually almost impossible to do.
            Attached Files

Comment

We have confirmed the issue and are working on a fix.

For now I suggest to use a temporary solution: have the buttons involved in a combo [Muted] and remapped to their virtual analogues just as I have done in the config attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                Yes, please send me the config. I assume I understand why it doesn't work, and it will require some manual config changes. But I need to see the file to be sure.
                RL Dualsense.rewasd

The extra quick chats are very important XD

Comment

mitchkdrose same solution applies to your case: have all buttons that are used in shortcuts muted and remapped to themselves.

Comment

There is also the same issue with the Shift mode, with the 6.1 version it seems that I have to press the shift key way earlier than I used to do with the 5.8 in order to not get the regular input, which is also pretty big inconvenience. I will be waiting with big hopes the hot-fix of this issue.

Comment

I am sorry for the delay.

Indeed, 6.1 version changed a lot, but there is a way to re-adjust your config so it works as it should. I am not sure what exactly has changed from your side. Could you please try it with my config attached and describe what exactly does not work as you expect?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X