Apex Legends - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apex Legends - Need help

So, Im having some issues with apex legends and reWASD. The game wont recognize my mouse and keyboard as an input device with xbox buttons attached to the mouse and keyboard... Ive tried Removing and adding devices to check for errors, ive tried completely removing the controller so it doesnt pick up a second input device from the computer. Ive tried looking in the game settings to see if there was a way to just select a device to run from (How some games let you select controller / KB&M etc.. But there isnt anything in the menu for it..

Is this something that anyone else is experiencing or had trouble with... Is it just Apex causing this certain issue.. some answers or some guidance could go a long way and i appreciate it alot, So thank you ahead of time.

Im not a complete noob when it comes to the app, ive made all my own configs for several games already and made them work.

Im not sure if you guys want screen shots of anything, but if you need them or do want them. please let me know =)

Hey there!

Could you please show me the screenshot of your group? Something like I have here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cb2245abf0.jpg
Views:	1967
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	231363

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hey there!

Could you please show me the screenshot of your group? Something like I have here:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ApexGroup.jpg
Views:	1948
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	231365

This is what my current group looks like. Ive tried Removing the Steelseries Duo, Which is basically just an xbox controller but made by steelseries, Ive also tried an actual xbox one controller wired to the pc instead of the Duo, But this setup works for every other game ive played FPS wise.. Splitgate, COD, Halo infinite, obviously just using a different control scheme based on which game i play.

Comment

Try a couple more things:
        1. Apply the config and check its operation on the gamepad tester
        2. Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
        I need the corresponding *.rewasd file.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
          Try a couple more things:
          1. Apply the config and check its operation on the gamepad tester
          2. Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
          I need the corresponding *.rewasd file.
          Tested Using Gamepad tester and all the inputs seem to work just fine when looking at the debugger.

Here is the Profile i am using. This one I got off of the reWASD website in the configs people make. ApexMnK.rewasd

Comment

In case everything works correctly in the tester and other games, the problem is most likely in Apex Legends. (I myself repeatedly noticed problems with detecting a virtual controller input)
            Then try the following:
            1. First apply the config and only then start the game
            2. Try to change the virtual controller type to another one.

You are currently using a virtual Xbox One. Try changing it to DualShock 4 or Xbox 360.
            It must help.

Comment

Originally Posted by Networkz View Post

Tested Using Gamepad tester and all the inputs seem to work just fine when looking at the debugger.

Here is the Profile i am using. This one I got off of the reWASD website in the configs people make. [ATTACH]n231372[/ATTACH]
              So, i tested using all 3 of the Virtual controller options, all of which do the same thing. if i enable the profile and start the game, it still wont allow any inputs. All the Xbox inputs ive set wont work, but there are still PC keys that will do things in the menu, so some keys i dont have bound are still working through the menu when the profile is enabled.. they just continue to do the Keyboard and mouse things, But still no other input on any of the keys i have remapped to xbox ones.

Comment

Are you running Apex through Steam?

Comment

Originally Posted by Networkz View Post

So, i tested using all 3 of the Virtual controller options, all of which do the same thing. if i enable the profile and start the game, it still wont allow any inputs. All the Xbox inputs ive set wont work, but there are still PC keys that will do things in the menu, so some keys i dont have bound are still working through the menu when the profile is enabled.. they just continue to do the Keyboard and mouse things, But still no other input on any of the keys i have remapped to xbox ones.
                  Negative, i am running it through the Origin Launcher, Should i try installing it through steam instead ?

Comment

There is no need.
                    It's really weird.
                    Let me make sure I got you right from the start.
                    A virtual controller mapped to a physical keyboard and mouse works without problems in the tester and other games, but does not show up in Apex Legends, right?

Please send me the file with system information. It doesn't include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps and drivers. It will help us recreate the same conditions and reproduce the issue from our side.
                    1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
                    2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
                    3. Go to File → Save
                    4. Send me the *.nfo file you get

Comment

yes, it will work in the tester and every other game / app i seem to open will show the Xbox Control's, just not on Apex for some weird and random reason.. So yes exactly what you said. the keys ive mapped will work in another game, even though the controls are completely messed up, i tried it just to see if it was a profile error. and it wont reproduce on any of my other games i have installed.

Here is that file you asked for - It wont allow me to upload the .nfo for some reason it says i dont have permission... so here is a link to the NFO file. its shared on Easyupload so i hope thats alright.. https://easyupload.io/ic7vf6

Comment

I saw in your system a third party driver for remapping - vigembus.

It can interfere with our virtual controller.
                        Try to remove it with this tool.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                          I saw in your system a third party driver for remapping - vigembus.

It can interfere with our virtual controller.
                          Try to remove it with this tool.
                          Removed the vigembus controller and restarted PC, still same issue =(

Comment

Have you uninstalled the vigembus completely?
                            If this tool didn't help you we recommend this guide to remove the vigembus driver.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
                              Have you uninstalled the vigembus completely?
                              If this tool didn't help you we recommend this guide to remove the vigembus driver.
                              Yep, uninstalled, and restarted PC. Opened up Driver Store Explorer and checked for evidence of it still being on the system and it is 100% gone and deleted.

Comment

Working...
                              X