Issue with layers switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with layers switch

When i press the layer switch button, i expect the tayer to be applied immediately. But now, after update, the layer is applied with a delay.
    I found that preference "Shortcut press time" affects the delay time. You can set this prefernce to maximum vaue and check.
    Now i am forced to set this parameter to the minimum value. But this value is 50 ms. Please, fix this.

Hi!
    Please send me the config you are using.
    Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    ​​​​​​​I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

Hello!
      Here is the config file (in attachment).
      Perhaps, the reason is that my layer switch buttons are also used in shortcut combinations.

I've been using this config for about six months now. And yesterday it stopped working properly. I was afraid that my controller was broken

Shared version of config:
      FF14 key bindings (rewasd.com)
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

It happens because you use paddles as Shortcuts, and reWASD waits Shortcut Press Time to understand if it is a pressed paddle or a pressed shortcut. Which version did you use before, 6.0.1 or the older one? Is this config was created for this version or have you used it before too?

Comment

I've created this config about 6 month ago.
          Yes, i think, i use 6.0.1 version before. Most likely i missed version 6.1.0.
          Can i download setup version 6.0.1 for test purpose?

I think the issue is caused by this change (from release note version 6.1.0):
          "Try endless possibilities of fully reworked Shift mode"

It also seems to me that before the layer was determined by the last button pressed. For example:
          - Layer 0 is used
          - Press and hold layer 1 button - layer 1 is used
          - Press and hold layer 2 button (layer 1 button also pressed!) - layer 2 is used
          - Release layer 2 button - layer 1 is used
          - Release layer 1 button - layer 0 is used

But now the layer is deremined by the first button pressed:
          - Layer 0 is used
          - Press and hold layer 1 button - layer 1 is used
          - Press and hold layer 2 button (layer 1 button also pressed!) - layer 1 is used!

And now i must release previous layer button to switch layer. May be i can fix it by config, but i didnt check it yet. I think, previous vershion of shift mode was the best

Comment

We have changed the Shift mode significantly, but all previous features are here.

It also seems to me that before the layer was determined by the last button pressed.
            That was not possible in any release before 6.1.0 — but actually you can modify your config this way. You will need to use Custom mode of Shift Jumps and assign them both in Layer 0 and Shift Layer 1-2. Please check more details about new Shift mode here. Or are you about the buttons with mappings not Jumps?

Can i download setup version 6.0.1 for test purpose?
            Yes, you can download any previous version from your personal account. To login in, use the same email you have entered in our cart during the purchase.

Yes, i think, i use 6.0.1 version before. Most likely i missed version 6.1.0.
            Understood. Please check your config folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles), all games should have *.rewasd.bak files — the configs you have used before 6.1 for the older Shift mode. You may need them if you downgrade. Also, please send me your previous config for FF14 — it will help me understand what exactly changed.

Comment

Thanks for the help!
              I installed version 6.0.1 and now there is no delay between changing layers. Shortcuts also work correctly.

That was not possible in any release before 6.1.0
              Yes, i was wrong, sorry.

It happens because you use paddles as Shortcuts, and reWASD waits Shortcut Press Time to understand if it is a pressed paddle or a pressed shortcut.
              It seems to me that this is the correct behavior for stantard actions. But this delay is not needed in case of layer change. Layer change is not an action. You can change layer, do shortcut action and change layer back. The user wil not notice this. This would make sense if shortcuts could be mapped to layers, but this is currently not possible.

However, i like the changes that have been made in version 6.1.0. I think they are very cool. I will try to change my config and remove shortcuts. In the old version it was not possible to do this. It looks like the new version has this feature.

My config for version 6.0.1 is in attachment.

Thank you for your work!
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your kind words! We have did a lot with Shift mode, so I hope you will find new features useful!

I have tried your config in 6.0.1 version, but I can't get any input from the shortcuts with paddles there. Once you press the paddle, you are switched to the Shift mode, and there are no Shortcuts mapped there. I think it would be great if you try to re-work your config with new options — I hope they could enrich your gaming experience

Comment

Working...
                X