Combo with Turbo disables Release activator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo with Turbo disables Release activator

I have a configuration for Final Fantasy XIV where I want to switch to a hotbar (R1+Right) when a key (R3) is long pressed, keep R2 pressed while it's pressed and then go back to the main hotbar (R1) when released.

I've tried two different ways to go about it:
    • Set a Combo on long press to switch (R1+Right) and also shift to a layer where the key is mapped to R2. In this case, R2 is not pressed because the shift layer doesn't see the key being pressed.
    • Set a Combo with the switch and a very long R2 push, and enable Turbo on it. Then the Release activator is ignored, and I can't get the R1 press to go back.

I suppose the second case is a bug, as the release activator shouldn't be ignored. Or maybe there's a better way of doing this, I've tried all I can think of.

Hey there!

I am not familiar with the game's controls and not sure if I understood your request correctly. From what I see, you should use the second option, just like you describe, with a long pause and Turbo option. In my case, it works, and Release Press also adds "R1" as required. Please check the config attached.

I have tested the config in the tester. Could you please confirm if you check it in the tester or in a game only?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey, thanks for the fast response!

You got it exactly right, but the game doesn't see the R1 at the end. I think it may be because it's too quickly after the R2 release, so the game sees it as a R2+R1 which does another thing.

Is there a way of adding a pause before the release activator?

Comment

Ah, yes, it may be a chance that the mapping is too fast. Sadly there is no way to adjust pauses for Release activator yet. This functionality is coming to our next version, which will be released in the middle of May. Stay tuned!

Comment

That's great to hear! In the meantime I'm doing something similar using virtual keyboard shortcuts, so it's not a huge problem anymore. Thanks again for the support and for a great product!

Comment

We are always glad to help

Comment

Hey there!

We have released reWASD 6.2 which allows you to set Combos to Start and Release activators. Please download the latest build from the official site or update from the app itself.
              Then, try to add a combo that includes your button and a pause set between the button-down and button-up nodes.

Please try 20-30-40 ms — and the behavior should be consistent.

Comment

Working...
              X