Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouse Emu/Native Controler input toggle? (Controller Companion convert)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Emu/Native Controler input toggle? (Controller Companion convert)

Hey all,

So I've been using Controller Companion for a number of years now, and have loved its simplicity.When enabled, if an app is exclusive fullscreen, it disables mouse emulation mode, and if windowed, mouse mode is turned on. Alternatively, you can enable mouse mode by pressing start+select (or "back").

I have tried to have REWASD do something similar, but cant get the ease of use down. I have tried desktop configs, but they don't seem to disable when in Steam Big Picture.

If the automatic mode based on resolution is not an option, is there a way I can set a button combo to enable mouse emu mode, and press the same combo then to disable it and go back to native controller mode?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello!

reWASD doesn't have an option to change configs depending on the resolution. However, you can switch between different ones with Slots or use Shift mode inside a single config.

With Slots, you should create two configs with and without the mouse emulation and set your custom 1-3-button hotkey. With Shift mode, you may toggle the mouse emulation mode with a Jump — set to a button, activator or shortcut.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

reWASD doesn't have an option to change configs depending on the resolution. However, you can switch between different ones with Slots or use Shift mode inside a single config.

With Slots, you should create two configs with and without the mouse emulation and set your custom 1-3-button hotkey. With Shift mode, you may toggle the mouse emulation mode with a Jump — set to a button, activator or shortcut.
      With slots, do I have to have two separate hotkey combos for each slot? Vs Shift, Where I can just have one combo to enable or disable?

Comment

Originally Posted by mountainmohawk View Post

With slots, do I have to have two separate hotkey combos for each slot? Vs Shift, Where I can just have one combo to enable or disable?
        For each slot, you need a separate unique hotkey, which can consist of 1-3 buttons.

Comment

How to get a slot to be completely native though? I've followed these directions from the Native mapping page, but there is no "save" option and the settings don't seem to stick.

I would just select my Dualsense as the emulated controller, but thats not an option.

Comment

You can leave the slot empty for native behavior. Just make sure the "desktop" config is applied to at least one of the available slots for slot switching shortcuts to become active.

Comment

Working...
            X