Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random disconnection.

Hi!
    Relatively recently I acquired my reWASD license (finally), but something very strange is happening to me: I connect my joycon and everything goes great, but after a few minutes the control (L or R) disconnects out of nowhere. Both are fully charged, they work perfectly on my switch and with other controllers it doesn't happen to me. what could I do?
    I clarify that the software is in its latest version 6.8.
    Thx. (:

Hi.

Have to mention that the latest version of reWASD is 6.1.1. You can check it in [Preferences > General].

Joy-Cons are known to work best with a Broadcom based Bluetooth adapters. Others might not work as well and there isn't much we can do about that.

In your particular case I suggest checking if your Joy-Cons are set to turn off for power saving purposes. To do that:
    1. Open [Device Manager] (right-click on the Start button for option to appear).
    2. Set the [View] to [Devices by container].
    3. Find your Joy-Cons.
    4. Check every item (going up in the device tree) in each of your Joy-Cons group for a [Power Management] tab and disable [Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power] option there.
    After that you might need to restart your PC once.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Hi.

Have to mention that the latest version of reWASD is 6.1.1. You can check it in [Preferences > General].

Joy-Cons are known to work best with a Broadcom based Bluetooth adapters. Others might not work as well and there isn't much we can do about that.

In your particular case I suggest checking if your Joy-Cons are set to turn off for power saving purposes. To do that:
      1. Open [Device Manager] (right-click on the Start button for option to appear).
      2. Set the [View] to [Devices by container].
      3. Find your Joy-Cons.
      4. Check every item in each of your Joy-Cons group for a [Power Management] tab and disable [Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power] option there.
      After that you might need to restart your PC once.

Thx for the quick response.
      Tomorrow when I get back from work I will try that, if this problem persists I will consider changing bluetooth adapter. (:

Comment

Update: I changed adapter, to one that the forum recommended because of Broadcom. And it's still the same, one of the Joycons turns off as soon as the game starts, but if I put it on my nintendo switch nothing similar happens. Why?
        thx.

Comment

Hello!

Which adapter have you chosen? Just curious, as for the ones we tested are working perfectly.

Also, please still go to Device Manager, find your controller and adapter and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option — it is better to do it for any adapter.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
            Hello!

Which adapter have you chosen? Just curious, as for the ones we tested are working perfectly.

Also, please still go to Device Manager, find your controller and adapter and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option — it is better to do it for any adapter.
            Sorry for the delay, I finally managed to fix it.
            Apparently there were the drivers from my old BT adapter, and it was conflicting with the new one.
            In answer to your question, I purchased the ASUS BT-400 which by the way works like a charm.
            Thanks Shion and u for the help. (:

Comment

We're glad you were able to find a solution.
              In case you need further assistance, we will be happy to help.

Comment

Originally Posted by Onhion View Post
                Hi!
                Relatively recently I acquired my reWASD license (finally), but something very strange is happening to me: I connect my joycon and everything goes great, but after a few minutes the control (L or R) disconnects out of nowhere. Both are fully charged, they work perfectly on my switch and with other controllers it doesn't happen to me. what could I do?
                I clarify that the software is in its latest version 6.8.
                Thx. retro bowl​(:
                1. Update the firmware on your Joy-Con controllers. Nintendo periodically releases firmware updates for their controllers, and updating your Joy-Con firmware may help to resolve the issue.

Comment

Working...
                X