Config Randomly Resets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Config Randomly Resets

My configurations will randomly reset, resulting in me having to remap everything all over again. Is this a known issue or is this just a me thing? I usually make a backup and store it somewhere outside of the default folder in case it happens again.

This issue is known but its reason is not. At least we were unable to reproduce it on our side yet.

Can you check for any error reports related to reWASD in Event Viewer just in case? The instruction is as follows:
    1. Press the Windows button, type [Event Viewer], and press Enter.
    2. Choose [Windows Logs] in the upper left corner, then choose [Application].
    3. Check out the panel on the right side: there's a [Find] option. Click it, and type "reWASD" to search for related errors.
    4. Once you find one or multiple events, please right-click and "Save selected events..." on every one of them, and send the file(s) to us.
    You have mentioned making backups of your configs. Can you send us at least one original config that was reset recently?

Comment

Do I send the evtx or MTA file? As for the original file, I deleted it. If it happens again, I'll be sure to send a copy.

Comment

Hey there! *.evtx is the best option. Thank you. You may check the Event Viewer right now, just pay attention to the files created on the same date when the latest issue happened. If there are no, it is OK, just want to check if there is something.

Comment

It says I can't send the file as an attachment, so I sent a link to it. I wasn't able to find anything else unfortunately.
          Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

Comment

That one doesn't give us much to work with. We require error reports related to reWASD (preferably all of them). They usually mention .NET Runtime and have a lot of log-like text.

Comment

The only events for reWASD are
              1. Windows Error Reporting
              2. System Restore

Comment

No crashes then. In that case, we'll have to collect logs differently:
                1. Exit reWASD from tray agent.
                2. Remove everything in [C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs\] folder.
                3. Download and start this registry file to enable reWASD logging:
                  http://files.disc-soft.com/filer/shared/1641592922/716/
                4. Open reWASD again and keep using it as usual until any of the configs gets reset.
                5. Exit reWASD from the tray agent again.
                6. Open File Explorer, go to [C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs] folder, zip up its contents, and send the file to us.
                7. Download and start this registry file to stop reWASD from logging:
                  http://files.disc-soft.com/filer/shared/1641592922/715/

Comment

Working...
                X