Steam Controller Emulation has input delay after installing reWASD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Controller Emulation has input delay after installing reWASD

I have a unique play style as I use my game pad in my left hand for movement and the mouse in my right hand for shooter/action games (I have a 19 button Razer Naga mouse for all the game inputs).

Some games don't let you use the game pad and mouse/keyboard at the same time, it's either one or the other. That is why I bough reWASD because it works great for games that have been given me trouble.

I normally use the built in Steam controller emulator to get my PlayStation 5 controller to work in games that don't support PS5 controllers. After Installing reWASD my controller goes all wacky when using steam controller emulator. For example in Crew 2 it always worked just fine and now there is a delay from when I press the controller to when the game receives the input. This makes the car completely uncontrollable. I have "Remap is OFF" and I also tried to exit reWASD and still has an issue.

It's not a big deal as I can just use reWASD to make windows think the PS5 controller is an Xbox 360. But I just want to see if anyone else has seen this issue or knows how to solve it.

Hello!
    1. Firstly, reWASD may well conflict with third-party remapping software/drivers. So it's best to avoid using reWASD with the Steam emulator, and if there are other third-party components for remapping (DS4Windows, SCPtool, hidguardian, vigembus etc.), then it's better to remove them altogether.

2. When remap is off, reWASD has no effect on your devices. Mappings are applied at the program level only when remap is enabled. Therefore, the fact that the issue remained after turning off the remap suggests that the matter is unlikely to concern our application. You can try uninstalling reWASD from your PC for a test.

3. You are right, very few games can handle two inputs at once. And emulators won't fix it. It has to do with the game's capabilities. If kb&m and gamepad mappings intersect in your config, then when they are combined in the game, one way or another, lags or input delay will occur.

Comment

Thanks for the response.
      Steam Controller seems to be OK after rebooting.

Just to clarify, I wasn't using reWASD with Steam controller at the same time, I disable Steam Controller for games I was using with reWASD.
      The game I was using Steam Controller with had the issue when setting "Remap is OFF" or closing reWASD, specifically Crew 2.

Everything seems to be OK after the reboot.
      Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X