Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to: Map analog stick to [opposite analog stick + key]?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Map analog stick to [opposite analog stick + key]?

Hi,

I have a list of things I've been trying to accomplish for years now and I just can't figure out how.
    One of which is how to remap an analog stick on Elite v2 to do the actions of [opposite analog stick + key] when using a shift modifier, i.e. have my right analog stick do the actions of the left analog stick + the Z key when I'm in a shift phase?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide advise

Hi!

You can remap one stick to another on that Shift as usual.

For the key mapping - go to [Advanced] options of a stick mapping, max out the [High zone] to the whole non-gray area, and map the required key to it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Hi!

You can remap one stick to another on that Shift as usual.

For the key mapping - go to [Advanced] options of a stick mapping, max out the [High zone] to the whole non-gray area, and map the required key to it.
      Thanks a lot, this helped although I ended up doing it differently.
      I didn't change the zones because I want to maintain the analog input. Instead I just assigned the same desired key to each zone of the stick in the Advanced options, with the Direction set to All.

Comment

Hello!

Originally Posted by jul3z View Post
        Instead I just assigned the same desired key to each zone of the stick in the Advanced options, with the Direction set to All.
        It is almost the same, the only difference is that when you pass the zones while deflecting a stick, this mapping will be released when you leave the zone and pressed again when you enter the next one. If the game is OK with such input, then there is nothing to worry about. If you need the key to be pressed all along the stick is pressed, then it would be better to use a single zone for that, just like Shion described.

Zone Shape doesn't influence on the way how the stick is working — shapes only set a zone in which you will have a new mapping (Zone mapping) if it is set in your config. The analog movement itself will work as is.

Comment

Working...
        X