Killer Instinct, Cuphead, Mortal Kombat 11 not detected by reWASD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer Instinct, Cuphead, Mortal Kombat 11 not detected by reWASD

I've built an arcade cabinet and need reWASD to remap controls when certain games are launched. reWASD can find KillerInstinct_UWPx64_r.exe when I click "Add active process", but it's not being detected and enabling a remap when Killer Instinct is launched. So far, Steam, Epic Games & Origin games are all detected fine, however, windows store versions of Killer Instinct, Cuphead, Mortal Kombat 11 not detected by reWASD when they're running and in focus.

I've tried running reWASD as admin, using UWPHook to add them to steam, and a bunch of other fixes I've found online, but nothing seems to work. Please help... I don't want to buy all of these games AGAIN on Steam, just to get them to work with reWASD.

Thanks in advance.

Hello!

Please try to check processes instead of the exe files for Windows Store game. Launch the game and try to find everything that is related. Indeed, the exe files are hidden in the system if you use the games from the store, so it would be easier to find the correct one with Active process option:

Click image for larger version  Name:	7e78f6bd64.png Views:	1 Size:	30.4 KB ID:	232351

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

Please try to check processes instead of the exe files for Windows Store game. Launch the game and try to find everything that is related. Indeed, the exe files are hidden in the system if you use the games from the store, so it would be easier to find the correct one with Active process option:

Click image for larger version Name:	7e78f6bd64.png Views:	1 Size:	30.4 KB ID:	232351

That's how I added KillerInstinct_UWPx64_r.exe, Cuphead.exe, etc to the Associated apps.... It's also the same way I've added all of the steam games. Steam games seep to launch the remaps fine, just not the Windows games.

I couldn't find anything else directly associated with Killer Instinct, Cuphead or Mortal Kombat 11 while they were running, so I'm still stuck.

Comment

Understood. Sorry, have totally missed that you have tried this option already

I will need some time to check the particular mentioned games, and will be back to you when we have any news. Indeed, I do not see any other processes that should be active with Killer Instinct, while this process is not detectable.

Comment

Understood. Sorry, have totally missed that you have tried this option already

I will need some time to check the particular mentioned games, and will be back to you when we have any news. Indeed, I do not see any other processes that should be active with Killer Instinct, while this process is not detectable.
          Thanks. I REALLY appreciate your help & look forward to hearing if you discover anything.
          Killer Instinct is most important to me, because it's the game I built my entire arcade cabinet around. lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220507_232542450.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	488.5 KB
ID:	232357

Comment

Wow! Looks amazing!

Comment

Hello!

I am sorry for the delay. It turns out that some processes are hidden and there is no easy way for us to detect them.
              We will keep researching this topic, but I can't promise that we will get any fast solutions sadly.

Please stay tuned for the updates.

Comment

Hello!

I am sorry for the delay. It turns out that some processes are hidden and there is no easy way for us to detect them.
                We will keep researching this topic, but I can't promise that we will get any fast solutions sadly.

Please stay tuned for the updates.
                Thank you so much for looking into this; it's greatly appreciated.

If it turns out that there's no way to easily detect the hidden processes, is it possible to activate / deactivate a specific profile via script or hotkey?
                I'm using Launchbox\BigBox as my frontend & game launcher software on this arcade cabinet, and I can have BigBox run a script or auto hot key before the game starts.

Thanks again.

Comment

You can try Slots.
                  Apply the configs you need to any 3 of the 4 slots and leave one slot empty (or assign a desktop configuration to it), then specify hotkeys for switching between slots in Preferences.
                  Enable remap, switch to an empty slot, and before starting the game, simply switch to a slot with a game configuration using the specified hotkey.

Comment

Working...
                  X