Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyrim Sprint button not working

Hi,

I'm giving reWASD a try today with Skyrim on Steam. Everything works perfectly and I can definitely say that it will improve my experience of the game a lot, so thank you for that!

However, I have come across a very specific issue with the Sprint button. No matter which button it's mapped to on the Xbox Elite Controller, it just doesn't work consistently. Sometimes I have to press the button twice, sometimes ten times for my character to finally sprint.

Every other button seems to be working just fine.

I've set the default mappings to Virtual Xbox One and have set up two shift keys with the paddles. But trying to sprint with the Left Click or LT for instance just doesn't work, whereas turning reWASD off fixes the sprint button issue on the controller.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hey there!

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    ​​​​​​​I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

Here it is, thanks for looking into it!
      Attached Files

Comment

Something in your config is creating a virtual controller that can cause similar issues with sprint firing.
        I tweaked the config a bit, and now the virtual controller is not created. In the main configuration, your controller behaves as usual, and when you go into the Shift layers, some buttons act as a keyboard.
        Check if it changes anything.
        Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately the result is the same. I tried binding Sprint to most of the other buttons as well just in case... Maybe it's something to do with Skyrim settings somehow.

Comment

Do I understand correctly that you first jump into the Shift layer with the paddle and then press the buttons remapped to the keyboard buttons?
            Which button in the game is set to sprint? Does jumping in Shift work normally?

Comment

I don't use the Shift layer to sprint. It's currently set to LS click.

Using the Shift layer with the remapped keyboard buttons works perfectly, as does every other button except for the button that is mapped to sprint.

Jumping works fine, it's set to Y. It also works when set to LS click, which is why I'm thinking there might be some conflict between my Skyrim's settings and reWASD.

Comment

The fact is that in the config that you sent, there are no mappings on the click of the left stick in the main configuration layer.
                In the main layer, there are no mappings at all, except for the transitions to the Shift layers on the paddles. This means that your controller works unchanged until you switch to another Shift layer.
                Therefore, it is not entirely clear how reWASD can change this behavior.
                I would also recommend checking if Steam Controller Support is enabled in Steam Big Picture mode. If it is enabled, I recommend disabling it and assigning all the mappings you need only in reWASD.

Comment

Sorry for 'Necro' but after I got this issue myself I used Google, "Skyrim reWASD sprinting issue".
                  This thread was the first result, that's why I wanted to provide a solution for future people like me.

If you play modded Skyrim, you most likely have True Directional Movement installed.
                  If yes, then you are probably in luck

Go into Skyrim, open MCM Menu
                  Go into "True Directional Movement" -> miscellaneous -> disable "override controller dead zone"

Maybe there is something in this code, that uses mouse input while you run, Skyrim doesn't like if you use two different inputs at the same time, but not sure why this only happens with reWASD.
                  If I use my controller without reWASD, it works without problems. Virtual Controller issue?
                  Nvm I'm just glad it works, this issue was driving me nuts.

Comment

Originally Posted by BioDope View Post
                    Sorry for 'Necro' but after I got this issue myself I used Google, "Skyrim reWASD sprinting issue".
                    This thread was the first result, that's why I wanted to provide a solution for future people like me.

If you play modded Skyrim, you most likely have True Directional Movement installed.
                    If yes, then you are probably in luck

Go into Skyrim, open MCM Menu
                    Go into "True Directional Movement" -> miscellaneous -> disable "override controller dead zone"

Maybe there is something in this code, that uses mouse input while you run, Skyrim doesn't like if you use two different inputs at the same time, but not sure why this only happens with reWASD.
                    If I use my controller without reWASD, it works without problems. Virtual Controller issue?
                    Nvm I'm just glad it works, this issue was driving me nuts.

Thanks for the advice for other users.
                    The reWASD virtual controller cannot create dual input if:
                    1. You remap a physical controller to a virtual one and have the Hide physical controller when virtual one is created option enabled (Preferences → Gamepads). Also, no other gamepads should be connected to the system.
                    2. You remap kb&m to virtual controller and Mute option is enabled on all mappings
                    3. There are no third-party programs and drivers for remapping on your system (SCPtoolkit, vigembus driver, hidguardian, etc.)​

Comment

Working...
                    X